Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can't set up the Arlo Bridge that came with the Arlo Light Security system

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
brianbu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't set up the Arlo Bridge that came with my Arlo Light Security system. Tried everything in the "I can't set up the Arlo Bridge that came with my Arlo Light Security system: what do I do?" I reset the bridge many times, I got the amber light to flash, I got the blue light to flash, but I in the app setup I keep getting the "no arlo devices found. Also, the arlo bridge won't connect to my network. I have a 2.4hz wifi router set to wpa2, and no vpn. It seems no one on the arlo discussion board has got this to work. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

11 REPLIES 11
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey brianbu,

Try making sure your phone device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Arlo Security Bridge and you've typed your WiFi password correct.

brianbu
Aspirant
Aspirant

phone device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Arlo Security Bridge and the typed  WiFi password is correct

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Did you check if your router has MAC filtering? If so, make sure to whitelist the Arlo Security Bridge's MAC address before you setup. You can find the Arlo Security Bridge's MAC address on label of your Arlo Security Light system.

brianbu
Aspirant
Aspirant

the Arlo Security Bridge's MAC address is white listed.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We'd suggest for you to visit our Support Page and use the chat feature to further investigate your issue. You will find the chat feature on the bottom-right corner in the provided link.

brianbu
Aspirant
Aspirant

why can't this be solved via this message board, so every one who has this problem can see?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always post back the solution here, to benefit other users.

FYI, Support is a different group than the forum mods.

brianbu
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is the url of the Support group forum? can messages be sent on the support group forum?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@brianbu wrote:

what is the url of the Support group forum? can messages be sent on the support group forum?

There is no public group forum.

There's a support feature in the app.  You can also go to https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx and select "chat with us".

traveler99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem and tried so many times too.  I then tried to Live Chat with support and was told my account does not qualify for live support. I guess you need to pay for some service to get live support. Looks like i can only get support through the forum even though I am an Arlo customer. Does that sound right?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, although you can subscribe for the purpose of support and then cancel so the payments don't continue.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation