Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
SteveInCT
Initiate
Initiate

Most of us have a floodlight already on our homes already wired in. I would love to be able to replace it with an Alro motion detected flood that also includes a camera. This would be great for having a camera in our back yards or over our garages without worry about theft or replacing batteries at all.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SteveInCT.

The Arlo Security Light can be used alongside an Arlo camera to achieve what you describe.

Take a look here for more information on the Arlo Security Light

JamesC

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

OK you want me to preorder, why so limited info on what I would be buying? How it affects NetGear Account, free acct does it count as one of 5 units? What is/does the Bridge do, is it the sound alert unit or line extender, can it extend the camera range? Motion Senser range and senseitivity?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

None of us has any idea since it hasn't been released yet. Asking Netgear for advance info on an unreleaased product is very unlikely to happen.

SteveInCT
Initiate
Initiate

I understand you want me to purchase the new product but I don't really want a battery or solar powered light and I don't want to use it along side a camera. I would like to have a wired floodlight that has a built in camera. I would be willing to bet there are a ton of people who would love to replace their existing floods with one that includes a built in Arlo camera and won't need batteries changed. Most people probably don't feel like climbing a ladder every time a battery needs to be changed. I am making a product suggestion.

matador86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah but the nest outdoor camera is a pain to install thanks to its massive usb connector. Also, the Ring subscription works out massively cheaper for multiple cameras. The Ring floodlight picks up most important events for me. Has excellent motion sensitivity. I initially bought Arlo but that was useless due to its delayed sensitivity- had to return it.

matador86
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to figure out why the image goes to Black & White when Night Vision is invoked? (applicable to any camera) Can anyone tell me why? Why can't the video jiust remain in color at all times anyway? Smiley Happy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Color requires much more light to be useful. Switching to B&W increases the sensitivity so night vision can actually record something. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation