Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Things to know prior to installation

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ahssdude
Follower
Follower

Arlo Security Lights are up and running. Just excellent. Do do the initial setup sitting on a couch. Once that is done you can remove the bridge and place into another socket and your setup will not be reset. If there are things you need to know prior to installation here they are:
(1) the installation user guide does not tell you the batteries are fully charged from the factory,
(2) not to put the batteries in the devices because you'll need access to the symbol for scanning,
(3) the lights include mounting hardware,
(4) make sure your Smartphone is on the same wifi network as the bridge
(5) know your wifi network name and SSID password.

Lights are installed. For any would be intruder immediate loss of night vision and audio outburst guaranteed. Maybe a DNA sample provided too!

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ahssdude,

Thank you for the feedback and for providing helpful information to the community!

JamesC

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

Check your Wi-Fi settings, could not get Android to discover Bridge, called tech support, they tried a few things but were not up on the bridge set up. I took light back as they suggested because they could not find problem and I had tried 2 different Androids. Today I went into my Router settings and noticed I had blocked new devices, so I think it was not allowing bridge into wifi to go thru the password entry set up and just timing out on the discovery stage. Will wait a few weeks to see the bugs work out and try another Light unit

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

- You can have multiple Arlo Light Bridges *and indeed may need one per light even in relatively small homes (well within the 90/100ft range stated in product literature/specs)

Even lights mounted a few meters from a Bridge can fail to be in range (or fail to stay in range/connected) 

You may therefore need to move your Bridge to get a good connection and not having multiple raised power points/sockets in your home may present a problem achieving this.   

Therefore it is a good idea to use the in range facility mentioned in the set up video/literature and not permanently mount your lights until you have had them up and running over a few days to see if they remain connected over that period. 

Otherwise you risk the light not connecting a day or so after permanently placing it and having to redo your work/fill holes in walls where you mounted it etc ...

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation