Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JDJS
Tutor
Tutor

I have spent several hours on attempting to get the bridge for the security lights (bought a few days ago at Costco), to sync up with my wifi.  I have a dual band (2.4 and 5) xfinity modem/router.  I have an open ticket with Arlo currently.  Arlo suggested I contact Comcast to get my dual band router to separate my bands with different SSID's/passwords, etc, because the bridge cannot recognize the 2.4ghz band because it's "broadcast dually".  I've never heard of this with any other item I've had to sync with my wifi.  I follow the setup instructions for the bridge, I get to the part on the Arlo app where the bridge setup is searching for wifi.  It never finds my wifi or any surrounding wifi signals from my neighbors (which most other things will find several).  I try to manually enter my router wifi information and still, nothing.  The bridge blinks blue, then after some time, goes back to blinking amber.    

Has anyone here had this issue and have had luck in resolving it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JDJS
Tutor
Tutor

No, I only have iOs devices.  

*************But, I wanted to share with you and anyone else who may come across this.  I was able to get it set up finally!  I noticed that on the bottom of the box that the lights/bridge came it, was the MAC address.  I logged into my router and there was a section where I could manually add a device.  So, I gave it a shot, I gave it a name and entered the MAC address, hit save.  I then reset the bridge and restarted the setup from the Arlo app.  BAM!  Money.  It worked!  So, now I'm good to go, after hours on the phone with Arlo and no resolution. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi JDJS,

Which phone are you using to setup your Security Light Bridge? Are you using an Android or iOS device?

JDJS
Tutor
Tutor

I am using iOs.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

JDJS,

Do you have an Android device you can try the setup process with?

JDJS
Tutor
Tutor

No, I only have iOs devices.  

*************But, I wanted to share with you and anyone else who may come across this.  I was able to get it set up finally!  I noticed that on the bottom of the box that the lights/bridge came it, was the MAC address.  I logged into my router and there was a section where I could manually add a device.  So, I gave it a shot, I gave it a name and entered the MAC address, hit save.  I then reset the bridge and restarted the setup from the Arlo app.  BAM!  Money.  It worked!  So, now I'm good to go, after hours on the phone with Arlo and no resolution. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have security set up on your router to prevent unknown devices from connecting (MAC address filtering)?

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do your push notifications work?
JDJS
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to get it set up finally!  I noticed that on the bottom of the box that the lights/bridge came it, was the MAC address.  I logged into my router and there was a section where I could manually add a device.  So, I gave it a shot, I gave it a name and entered the MAC address, hit save.  I then reset the bridge and restarted the setup from the Arlo app.  BAM!  Money.  It worked!  So, now I'm good to go, after hours on the phone with Arlo and no resolution. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation