Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Security Light Bridge ABB1000r1.0 Comes Up In Mode As Getting Information & Never Changes.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JohnFeckter
Aspirant
Aspirant

In Mode the Bridge is stuck in Getting Information.  Never brings up the screen where I can change or select modes.  Firmware is 2.0.0.0_22118_107>.  Running on iOS and OS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JohnFeckter,

How far away is the light when you're attempting the sync? Try bringing the light close to the bridge, within a few feet, and try sync again. Do you still experiencing the same behavior?

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried unplugging the bridge? 

JohnFeckter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unplugged the bridge for about 15 seconds, then plugged it back in.  LED came up solid purple for a little while then blinked purple for a few seconds, then went dark.  In the Arlo app Mode is still is stuck on Getting Information.  I've installed one security light so far and it appears to work up to a point.  I can manually turn the light on and off and run the Motion Detection Test and the Range Finder Test.  But since the bridge is Getting Information I can't set the mode to Armed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's probably worth resetting and starting fresh:

https://kb.arlo.com/000059640/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Arlo-Bridge

JohnFeckter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried the factory reset and the bridge blinked amber when it was over.  The blinking amber never went out.  Tried a power cycle of the bridge and it ended with the blinking amber light.  The Arlo app now shows the bridge as Offline and I can't communicate with the security light I've installed.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also remove the light and bridge from Settings, My Devices when you did the reset?

JohnFeckter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Deleted the light and the bridge and started installation from scratch.  Worked this time.  The bridge comes up in Mode and I can Arm and Disarm.  Was able to install two of three security lights.  The third one keeps failing at the last step, can't be found.  Is the light defective or is there some trick I need to try to get it installed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JohnFeckter,

How far away is the light when you're attempting the sync? Try bringing the light close to the bridge, within a few feet, and try sync again. Do you still experiencing the same behavior?

JamesC

JohnFeckter
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked.  Got two of three security lights working.  The third one fails at the last step of installation, can't be found by the bridge.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JohnFeckter,

Do you get an error message in the app that indicates the light failed to sync? Is this third light also close to the bridge when attempting the sync?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation