Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I shut the motion off on Security lights?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Sahara07
Initiate
Initiate

Is there anyway to shut the motion off on the Arlo security lights just like you can with the cameras?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sahara07 wrote:
Is there anyway to shut the motion off on the Arlo security lights just like you can with the cameras?

Yes.  You can disable turning on the light (either manually or on a schedule).  Similarly with cross-triggering.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sahara07 wrote:

Yes.  You can disable turning on the light (either manually or on a schedule).  Similarly with cross-triggering.

Sahara07
Initiate
Initiate
I’m not looking to stop the lights from coming on at night I’m trying to stop them from picking up motion during the day and blowing up my phone and killing the batteries in the lights
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sahara07 wrote:
I’m not looking to stop the lights from coming on at night I’m trying to stop them from picking up motion during the day and blowing up my phone and killing the batteries in the lights

You can disable motion detection (and notifications) using those same tools. 

As far as battery life goes, I don't think disabling motion detection during the day will improve battery life in the light.  The light won't be coming on (unless the light is in a dark place) - and motion detection itself doesn't use much power.

It will of course decrease notifications on the phone, and if you are triggering recording in a camera, it will improve the battery life of the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation