Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Security Light Dusk till Dawn setting problem?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
markyh1973
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive just installed my new arlo security light and it is only being used to come on when its dark whenever someone is at the door. The set up of the bridge and light was correct but there is no Dusk till Dawn setting on the app to adjust the light. On the 1st day of install the light would only come on when it had been dark for a couple of hours when someone came to the door. The 2nd day it wouldnt come on at all when it was dark. Having no dusk till dawn setting makes the adjustment impossible. The fact that the light is also triggered by motion one day but not the other is somewhat confusing as well.

Can anyone help as I have a light which I paid a lot of money for and it doesnt work how it should.

The bridge firmware is 2.0.1.0_255_214

The light firmware is 3.2.25

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It works on ambiant lighting where it is located,  and as you know does not come on if to light.... do you have any other light in the area that may be efecting same

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

@markyh1973 

I am using the IOS app so the android app may be different. On the Devices page tap on the name of the light, (not the slider switch to turn the light on/off). On the next page at the top pf the page you will see three green dots beside the name of the light. Tap on that and a screen will come up with a button for device Settings. Tap on that. On the next page at the bottom of the page you will see Dusl to Dawn Sensor. Tap on the arrow beside that and adjust the settings.

Not sure why it worked at first and now not working, though.

Brian

markyh1973
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive been speaking to Arlo technical support this morning and after getting me to try various procedures they have determined the light is faulty and is unable to update the firmware to the latest version. The latest version is needed for the Dusk till Dawn feature to be enabled on the Arlo App. They were supposed to send me an email containing a link to instructions on getting the light replaced but when the email came through there were no instructions or link included. I have tried to chase this up with Arlo by responding to the email that was sent with all my case details on but they have not responded. So I still dont know how my light is going to be replaced under warranty.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the lights are new enough, just swap at the store.

brh
Master
Master

@markyh1973 

One other thing you can try is to power cycle your base station and see when it boots back up if it will notify you of upgrades on the bridge and lights.

Brian

Sarath_Inampudi
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Dusk to Dawn setting is not available in your current Light Firmware (.25), so you need to give it some time to update itself to latest Firmware during the daily 12 pm - 2 pm automatic window. Try bringing your Light closer to the Bridge and leaving it there for a couple of days.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Security-Light/Important-Bridge-and-Light-firmware-updates/m-p/16...

https://kb.arlo.com/000062020/How-do-I-update-the-firmware-on-my-Arlo-Security-Light-system

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation