Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo security light bridge not connecting at all

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jolly89
Guide
Guide

Was able to connect the bridge to my wifi.  The firmware updated and now it will not connect at all.  I have done a hard reset.  The app will see the bridge but will not connect to the wifi.  Yes my wifi is dual band 2.4/5.0.  I am running out of options and just ready to take this back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was an issue on our end that prevented some users from claiming new light kits that should now be resolved. If you were previously unable to sync lights with a new Arlo Security Light kit, please try again now and let me know if you experience any issues.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
jolly89
Guide
Guide

IMG_1254.PNGstuck on this and the bridge light just turns off after 15 seconds

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jolly89,

You mention you hard reset the device, did you also remove the device from Settings > My Devices within the Arlo app? What is the LED behavior on the bridge if you unplug it and plug it back in.

What happened after the firmware update that made you reset the bridge?

JamesC

jolly89
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

Thank you for the reply.  The bridge is solid piurple when booting up and then goes blank,  I can now see it in the arlo app settings but none of the lights will connect.  I plug in the fully charged battery, hold sync, it flashes blue a few times then green a few times (at the same time the bridge is flashing) and then goes blank and it can not find any of the lights.

jolly89
Guide
Guide

IMG_40B69389CCB2-1.jpegIMG_19490F26D56F-1.jpeg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jolly89,

Okay, it sounds like the bridge is connected and synced up with your router. How far away from the bridge are you when attempting to sync the light?

JamesC

jolly89
Guide
Guide

two feet away 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jolly89,

The green flash you describe seeing from the light is an indication that the sync is successful. Try pairing the light again and then check Settings > My Devices to see if the light appears even if you do not see the "Light added!" success screen.

JamesC

jolly89
Guide
Guide
No sir. Still doesn't show up. Any other suggestions?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tjolly89,

I've opened and escalated a case on this issue. An agent will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

jolly89
Guide
Guide
Thank you sir.
Wharton03
Aspirant
Aspirant
Was this ever resolved? I picked up a set of these lights a couple of days ago and spent a fair amount of time trying to set/reset these lights.

I'll probably take them back to Costco, buy a new set and try the new set. If that fails, I'll probably return and move on.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We need to know exactly what you've tried, in what order, to be able to help. Any error messages, LED indications, etc. are also needed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wharton03,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Rockingk86
Tutor
Tutor
Has anyone got a fix for this yet. I spent 2 hours with tech support Sunday trying to get them the lights to sync and then he told me I needed a new bridge and said just to return them to Costco and get another set. I'm on my 2nd set now and still can't sync any lights. The bridge show to be set up right and connected but I always get a failed to discover when syncing the lights even though it blinks green 3 times
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rockingk86,

The engineering team is currently investigating reports of users having difficulty syncing lights to their bridge. I will provide an update as soon as I know more. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If possible, could you provide the serial numbers for your Arlo Security Lights that are failing to sync? You can find this serial number inside the battery compartment of the light on a sticker labeled as S/N.

JamesC

Rockingk86
Tutor
Tutor

58R1865W06501

58R1865K065D0

58R1865T064F3

Wharton03
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone, 

For what it is worth:  I returned and then purchased a new set from Costco.  The second set works just fine.  

It would be nice to know, when a thread has elevated a previous customers complaint, what the result was from that.  Ultimately, it cost me a couple of hours of headache but now that I have a working set, I think they're a great compliment to an already great security system.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was an issue on our end that prevented some users from claiming new light kits that should now be resolved. If you were previously unable to sync lights with a new Arlo Security Light kit, please try again now and let me know if you experience any issues.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,

JamesC

Rockingk86
Tutor
Tutor
I am now on my 2nd set from Costco and still have the same issue. That's when I posted on here. Should I just take them back and try a 3rd set?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rocking86,

We implemented a fix over the weekend that should resolve this issue. If possible, make sure your bridge is connected and attempt the sync again. If you're still experiencing an issue, let me know and I will provide engineering with this information.

JamesC

garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

What was the resolution for this issue?  I've gone through all the steps in the FAQ and from Arlo Chat expert and the bridge still won't connect.

My bridge connected initially, firmware updated and worked fine.  Had to do a factory reset and now I cannot get the bridge to connect.  Have been on chat with ARLO support (Case 40493581) and they suggested I return everything to Amazon.

I'm using an Android Smartphone to connect, 2.4Ghz, 2 feet from router.  Bridge goes blue, then fails to connect and goes back to blinking Amber.  Have done the factory reset at 15 seconds, 30 seconds and 60 seconds based on Chat feedback from Arlo.  Still nothing.

Besides returning this to Amazon, suggestions?

Purchased on 9/12/2018....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

garyk1000,

It sounds like the issue could be due to the device not factory resetting properly. When factory resetting, unplug the bridge then plug it back in (you should get a solid purple LED). While the LED is solid purple, hold the sync button in until the LED turns amber.  For factory reset instructions, take a look here: How do I perform a factory reset on my Arlo Bridge?

Now your bridge is ready to be claimed again (go through the same process that you did when you first set up your lights). Take a look at the video step by step here: How to Set Up the Arlo Security Light System

JamesC

garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC,

Been there done that at least 5 times today.

I'll review the documents again and rewatch the video to see if I missed anything or just got impatient and started pressing buttons... 🙂

Will post results shortly.

garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

Well, repeated the process according to the documented links and the discovery process failed twice more.

I'm pretty convinced the firmware update that occured during the first setup is causing this issue.

Anymore ideas?

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation