Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo lights position to cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pod325
Follower
Follower

What is the best way to position your arlo lights with your arlo camera?  Is it best to place together, one above the other or facing each other a distance away?  Example, right now I have my lights on the house facing out in the yard and the camera mounted on a tree facing towards the house and arlo light but this doesn’t seem to be getting me the best picture unless my camera is too far away to utilize the light being put off by the arlo light system.  Any suggestions on how some of you have you in the community have placed yours systems up would be appreciated.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I limit my light and camera to about 15 feet apart aiming in the same area....

It lights up well and the camera and light can toggle each other to come on ( so I cover twice as much area with the PIRs )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

I use them many ways, in dark areas more or less side by side, I mainly use them as a combo Light and Motion detector. I set the Light so it will detect motion and trigger cameras before the person even enters the field of view. Generally I set up the rules so several lights and cameras trigger, so no matter which way the target goes I'll have great video. I have noticed a dramatic drop in dirtbags and door knockers since setting the Arlo system up, Kirby Vacum Cleaner sees the set up and bugs the neighbors, lol

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adding to what the community has already mentioned here, it might be beneficial for you to take a look at this article for tips on positioning your Arlo Security Lights for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Security Light and Arlo Bridge?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation