Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo light notifications v illumination

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cigator
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have original arlo system that has worked well.  Just added 2 lights to the set up.  I can't figure out how to set the lights up to behave as I prefer.  I set schedule for midnight to 6am for the lights because I don't want notifications firing all day.  But I want lights to still illuminate when it's dark without getting notifications unless it is after midnight.  I can't find a setting to do this.  It seems if motion sensor is active to trigger lights, it always pushes a notification.  That doesn't work for me.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you gone into Modes and then scheduled the Bridge ( for the lights ) ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
cigator
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I set the arlo light bridge to schedule for midnight to 6 am.  However when I take light into dark room, the light does not come on.  I want light to operate as a simple motion detection light from dusk to dawn, but want notification if light is triggered from midnight to 6 am.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@cigator wrote:

Yes I set the arlo light bridge to schedule for midnight to 6 am.  However when I take light into dark room, the light does not come on.  I want light to operate as a simple motion detection light from dusk to dawn, but want notification if light is triggered from midnight to 6 am.

you may need to create another custom mode for the lights... mind that the light do not come on in day if there is enough light )

one mode for arming lights ( motion and alerts )

one for arming lights motion but no alerts

then use the normal motion/alerts for Midnight to 6am and the no alerts mode for rest of day

cigator
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but how can I have custom modes and schedule mode active at same time for both lights?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Look at the FAQs re schedule..... learn how it works

You load the new MODEs into the schedule for the times needed, then arm  using Schedule

cigator
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did try to do that.  It seemed since I want the 2 lights to act the same for same time periods, it only loads one of the lights on the schedule.  I set the rules for my front light and it added to time line.  Then I try adding same rules for rear light. It loads that one but the previous rule was removed.  

Abmet
Apprentice
Apprentice

You need two modes so will have to create at least one custom mode.

One with both lights set to detect motion and send alerts - I'll reference it as "alert mode" (can use the default armed mode or a custom mode)

second with both lights that detects motion but no alerts - I'll reference it as "no alert mode" (this will need to be a custom mode)

In the schedule mode,

add the "alert mode"  from midnight to 6 AM (or whenever you want to stop getting alerts)

add the "no alert mode" from 6:01 AM to 11:59 PM

Enable the Schedule.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation