Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Still Not Recording to Cloud on Security Light Trigger

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo, if you're listening, and update to enable recording to the cloud when the security light triggers recording on the associated camera... would be nice... Support was able to duplicate this problem over a month ago.. please update the firmware to fix this. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

srandall25,

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information available.

JamesC

srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you. Please know that support duplicated this problem with me on August 22nd. Here is the info:

Dear Scott Randall,

Your case has been updated by Arlo Support.

Case #: 41065808
Case Summary: Arlo Security lights detects motion but Ultra camera is not recording video
Product: AL1101

Update from Arlo: Hi, Scott,

I am done replicating your concern. I installed Arlo security light and added to our arlo account. Edited the rule to Allow ultra camera to record video when the security light detects motion. Allow the Light to detect motion and I received notification but no recording in the library. Tried also arlo pro camera to record video when arlo light detects motion but still no recording. Tried also creating custom mode and still having the same result.

I will be escalating this case to the engineering team for proper resolution and I will get back to you for update.

We appreciate the time assisting you. Thank you for choosing ARLO.

Kind regards,

Frank
ARLO Support Expert

srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice

And still no resolution on this. Security light triggered recording does not record to the cloud.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation