Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Security Lights • Notification but No LED Lighting Nor Video Recording.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

Arlo Security Lights • Active Modes.jpgArlo Security Lights • Custom Mode.jpg

Arlo Security Lights Manual Switch Works Fine.

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jcbrown59,

After creating the custom mode, try rebooting your base station. Do you still experience an issue?

JamesC

jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

Rebooted Base Station.  Arlo Security Light Not Turning On When Motion Detected.  Text Message is Being Sent When Motion Detected.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Is it dark?  In case you don't know this, the lights will not come on due to motion detection unless it's dark where the light is located.

jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

It is Dark Now.  It is Working.  It Can Be Slow to Respond if Distance Between Light and Bridge.  I Have Lights Cross-Linked with Different Light Durations.

timd4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, still. The light works fine in manual mode, but not in Armed mode. The rule for motion detection is triggered, since the push notification is sent, but the light itself does not turn on. I tried the Armed and Custom mode to no avail.

Any ideas besides restarting the bridge?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that the light will not light up if the ambient light level is too high. Test it in darkness.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

timd4,

As mentioned by jguerdat, if you test in darkness, does the light turn on?

JamesC

timd4
Aspirant
Aspirant

My first go-to point were the manual and the forums, where this was mentioned. So, yes, I tried this in darkness. The manual mode, range finder, and motion sensor test all work fine. It just never turned on based on the rule.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Restarting the bridge would be a good first step. Reinserting the battery in the light would also be good. If still no good, remove the light from Settings, My Devices and resync. Any luck?

timd4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried all of those steps before reaching out to this forum. No, the light won't turn on in the dark.

ML
Apprentice
Apprentice

Understand the Arlo Light won't turn on until it is dark. Any idea how dark, below lux?

Anyway to change that setting?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@timd4 wrote:

I tried all of those steps before reaching out to this forum. No, the light won't turn on in the dark.

Then I'd try a total system reset by removing the bridge and lights from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. If no good, swap at the store or open a case with support here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ML wrote:

Understand the Arlo Light won't turn on until it is dark. Any idea how dark, below lux?

Anyway to change that setting?

The lux setting is unknown and, no, you can't change it other than to cover the ambient light sensor.

timd4
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

@timd4 wrote:

Then I'd try a total system reset by removing the bridge and lights from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. If no good, swap at the store or open a case with support here.

Thanks for trying to help. I may have found the issue.

After I got the light, I tried various setups incl. a mode for my camera that includes the light. That never worked. When I tried the reset and other options mentioned above, I forgot to undo the mode for the camera. Once I removed that mode, the light started working. Lesson learned, you cannot have two modes configured that want to turn the light on.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation