Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
Nopainnogain
Tutor
Tutor

I have an arlo light down the end of my driveway,mainly to trigger a camera at my fro door earlier and get a longer recording.it has worked for several weeks flawlesly but for the past few days the light triggers,i get a notification and if its dark the light comes in,but it isnt triggering the camera and recording.
As a test if i walk up the drive,trigger the light(notification but no record) then walk up the drive to within range of the camera it will then trigger and record as expected.
Its definitely not a mode or rule problem as it used to work and i have tried all the log out/in reboothub/bridge/cameras/light etc dozens of times.
Any ideas please

31 REPLIES 31
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Based on my readings in this forum this is a known issue seems like they were released before they had them working properly just like the Arlo Ultra camera.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Furthermore I have the same issues the only thing this light is good for is a motion sensor light. I will probably send it back to Amazon pretty much useless
KathC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using the Arlo Pro camera with an Arlo light. The light is no longer triggering the camera. I get notifications of motion from the light and have re-set up a mode for the light to trigger the camera. When the camera senses motion it records as expected.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Johnny290 

Are you still experiencing this issue with your light(s) & cross-triggering?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I returned them I didn't like them I didn't like the way they worked
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Johnny290

Thanks for the reply. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy the holidays!

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation