Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

I went to replace a security light, the original version that uses the hub. The app is broken.  No idea which release did this.  I have 4 iPads and two phones, only my old iPad mini with a 2021 version app and one of my iPad Prod with a 2023 app will let me add a light.  The new release when you tap security light it does not go to the next screen. I have restarted the devices that do not work and reinstalled.  The app is broken.  On one of the iPad that worked, I removed the app as instructed by Arlo support and reinstalled the new release and broke that iPad.  Arlo asked for a screen capture of the screen!  How ridiculous, there are no errors. If the engineering team has the latest app just open it and try it.  I have also verified this with family members with Arlo.  Same issue.  You do not even need hardware to replicate this.  Just get the app and try it.  

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ron84 

Migrating to the latest Arlo app experience should help with onboarding your Security light. 

Please let me know if you are still experiencing these symptoms after migrating to the latest app experience. 

32 REPLIES 32
WhiteTailDeer
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. Can’t add my light. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you trying to install the security light with?

Is this occurring with iOS and Android?

Jfire72
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue with the App. Can't add new device.

When you select add new device and click lights, the security light option is dead and wont progress to the next screen to allow adding a security light.

iOS 4.17

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the feedback. I have notified the team and I will report back as soon as possible. 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

4.17 (7924) July 22 release. Older releases still would.

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

4.17 (7924) July 22 release.  The newest one.  It was broken in 4.16 also. 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

IOS only.  Does not work on 5 of the 7 Apple devices that I have.  Samsung flip phone is fine.  Entirely different build and version. 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve been asked to do all kinds of things on the support ticket I have had open for days. Screen capture, which is useless.  You select the device type to add, “Lights”, then select the model, “Security Light” and when you tap the screen, nothing happens. 
I’ve been told to check the battery, move closer to the hub, remove the app, etc.  This is not helping, the app is broken.  The support team needs to read what I’m providing. I’m a 40 year IT pro, I know what I’m doing. 
I have family members and friends running Arlo devices on with Apple devices, running IOS 17.6 (it was 17.51 when I opened the ticket last week.  The old App from 2021 on my old iPad mini works.  It was working on one of my iPad Pros until I remove and updated it. Them it broke like the others.  
I’ve done all the troubleshooting for you with 7 Apple devices.  Let’s just fix this please. 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve been asked to do all kinds of things on the support ticket I have had open for days. Screen capture, which is useless.  You select the device type to add, “Lights”, then select the model, “Security Light” and when you tap the screen, nothing happens. 
I’ve been told to check the battery, move closer to the hub, remove the app, etc.  This is not helping, the app is broken.  The support team needs to read what I’m providing. I’m a 40 year IT pro, I know what I’m doing. 
I have family members and friends running Arlo devices on with Apple devices, running IOS 17.6 (it was 17.51 when I opened the ticket last week.  The old App from 2021 on my old iPad mini works.  It was working on one of my iPad Pros until I remove and updated it. Then it broke like the others.  
I’ve done all the troubleshooting for you with 7 Apple devices.  Let’s just fix this please. 

Dn_Mchls
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. When you select add new device and click lights, the security light option is dead and wont progress to the next screen to allow adding a security light.

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

Eventually they will release a new app to fix this.  Not everyone has an old device with an old app like me as a work around. 

Bodsville
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here, When asked to select the Arlo model of security light, three options are given.  

1 Pro  3 Wire-Free Floodlight

2 Security lighting

3Bridge.  

Like the guy above I am trying to select option 2 because I have an older model AL1101 light which is what is pictured in option 2.  

Attempts to select option 2 go no where.  Nothing opens, nothing happens.  

If you pick option 1 or 3 the app takes you to those installation instructions.  But selecting option 2 gets nothing.  

If you double select option two it takes you back to Select your arlo device which is the page before. 

The app really is broken.  Maybe one of those arlo wizards who has an iphone can try this and see for them selves.  You dont need a model AL1101 to try the app. 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

The support team is not reading any of my notes that I have replied back (five times).  
It’s not the hub, battery, light or the phone.  They just told me my light is defective.  Well you cannot even get to the next screen in the app to attempt an install.  4.17 and 4.16 app is broken. 
I did install my new light, with an old iPad mini with a 2021 app version.  
This does not work on 3 iPhones and three other iPads that I have.  It’s not the lights or the Apple devices. So I’ve done all the troubleshooting for them, fix the app please. 
If I could install the app from a month ago it might work. 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

Let us know if they plan to fix the app, and when.  Telling us the lights are defective, Change the battery/ hub or move closer is not helping anyone when you can’t use the app. You cannot get past step 1 of tapping the “Security Light” as it does not move to the next screen to even start the setup. 

tkorenjr
Initiate
Initiate

same problem, very unfortunate as I reset my bridge to try and fix schedule problems and now I lost all my lights.

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

No work around unfortunately unless you know someone with an Android/Samsung phone.  That app still works. Or you have another Apple device with an old app. 

Jules20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me, too!  Arlo products are inefficient. I will buy a Ring

tkorenjr
Initiate
Initiate

Figured out the work around. There is a new version of app that is not in App Store. I stated clicking on other devices besides the light in the add device menu. One of them triggered a pop-up that said the app needed an update. Now the app has a completely different interface and the light was added easily. 

Jfire72
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the heads up. I will give it a shot this weekend.

Archibalbleu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Même problème avec l'app 4.17.
Quand est-ce que Arlo va régler ce problème ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tkorenjr wrote:

There is a new version of app that is not in App Store.

Not quite.  The app supports two different interfaces (one shows "Library", the other shows "Feed").  You managed to migrate to "Feed".  "Feed" is newer, and eventually everyone will be migrated to it.

@Jfire72 :  There are downsides to migrating to "Feed" today, and you cannot switch back to "Library".

• There are no custom modes.  While you can modify the three built-in modes, you cannot add more.
  • The combination of geofencing+scheduling doesn't work.

If you do want to migrate, you can force this by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  While that will fail if you don't have the camera, the workflow will migrate you to "Feed" before you get stuck.

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks. What is the app version number? 
I provided support with device logs and other worthless information.  It’s an app issue, not a device issue. 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks. Excellent work around.  I put it on my iPad and not my phone.  I really do not like the new look.  You can’t turn off cameras easily.  If you go full screen to view a camera I could not minimize it.  You have to close the app and go back in.  I did not see a method to arrange the widgets. 
Arlo refers to this app, same version as the Arlo Experience.  Ya, it needs more work. 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

I guess once you change to the new look you cannot go back?  It just updated on all my Apple devices.  Yuk! 

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation