Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ABB 1000 Security Light not activating rule for Ultra 2 to record

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got 3 Ultra 2 cameras. With my previous Pro 2 camera I was able to designate a rule that would make the Pro 2 record for 60 sec when motion was detected on the security light motion detector. I still have the motion dector in the identical location with the identical rule but now using an Ultra 2 for recording. My Arlo App indicates the Ultra 2 is recording for the 60 sec when motion is detected but no video is displayed afterward. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you have a subscription (trial), use the app to go to Settings, Support. Select your device and scroll down to Contacts to see if official support has any suggestions.

As for the paid subscription, you apparently can't cancel them so adding a paid sub now is just spending money with little benefit. Wait until the subs expire (or just before they do) and then purchase an appropriate subscription.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You should have gotten a trial subscription for each Ultra when you installed them (when the trial expires you'll need a paid sub to keep getting cloud recordings). Check Settings, Subscription to verify the Ultras have an appropriate sub.

nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

My trial subscription is active and expires on 15 March 2024. In addition to the Ultra 2 not recording when the Motion detected, I just realized that my second motion dector light is also not following the rules and allowing one of my Pro 2 cameras to record when motion detected. I have done a factory reset on the ABB 1000 twice and reinstalled both motion dector lights. I have also deleted the rules and reset rules 3 times. One more question. If I renew my subscription now before my trial ends, do I still get the remainder of my trial time before my newly paid subscription kicks in?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you have a subscription (trial), use the app to go to Settings, Support. Select your device and scroll down to Contacts to see if official support has any suggestions.

As for the paid subscription, you apparently can't cancel them so adding a paid sub now is just spending money with little benefit. Wait until the subs expire (or just before they do) and then purchase an appropriate subscription.

nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. Thanks for the info.

kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same issue. Arlo Security Light doesn't activate the rule triggers (If the security light detects motion start recording on camera). I've reset my whole system and it does nothing. The security light detects motion and all by testing the proximity sensor etc and it's working. The problem is that it doesn't trigger the camera! I have a couple of security lights and it behaves the same. I swear I'm done with Arlo.
nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant
UPDATE: I think mine might be working correctly now but I can't be sure. Let me explain. I was still having the issue when I left town two weeks ago. I was still playing with the system setting remotely using the app and tried a different way of setting the rules. Previously I would go to MODE and add a new mode for my rules. I deleted those and instead simple edited my ARMED settings and created my rules there. I have two lights and I set them to record (when activated) for exactly 20 seconds for 2 seperate cameras. I am getting several recordings on my associated cameras for 20 seconds. Since it will be another month before I am back home, I can't verify everything until I can physically be there to isolate the appropriate cameras and motion detectors.
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

This cross-triggering issue is intermittent. Some days it will work and some won't. This is an Arlo issue.

Bad programming.

Stay away from using Arlo products if you want a reliable security system.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kasnh Thank you for the update, I am waiting for more information from the team regarding this. 

kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've seen posts by other users since 2019 and it's the same canned response that Arlo gives.

No one from your Arlo "team" is checking this. Stop lying.

It's a 5 year old issue and it hasn't been fixed?

nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with you on the intermittent issue. It appears to work at times and other times not. Having the light/motion detectors are a great added convenience and I would love to continue using them (I purchased them 5 years ago). But I recently purchased three Ultra 2 cameras and with my current setup the motion dectectors are not really necessary. Just a shame I may have to take them down since they are unreliable. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation