Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

my arlo website not showing secure page on iphone

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Andy8
Guide
Guide

When I login to my.arlo via Safari on my iPhone it just takes me straight to the accounts page and I have no way of getting to the Secure page from there, so can't see feeds or change setting - it is very annoying.  I have reset cookies, but that didn't help.

When I login via Chrome on Mac it takes me to correct page.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Know how to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Set the mobile browser to use the desktop version of the site.

Andy8
Guide
Guide

Good idea - just tried that. Didn't work.

Also as an aside I find that trust this browser - clicking Trust - always gives "The request timed out" message - happens on both phone and pc

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try clearing the cache in the mobile browser to see if that helps with viewing the website.

No idea on the trust timing out - have you tried a different browser?

Andy8
Guide
Guide

I had already tried clearing the cache - no change.

I have also tried Google browser on my iPhone 14 and am experiencing the same issue.

Interesting the Trust this device is now working on both Mac and iPhone, so at least that is fixed.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you been able to access the website or are you still having the same issue?

Andy8
Guide
Guide

No good. Just tried again, still just takes me to the accounts page, with no way to get to the camera page

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andy8 wrote:

No good. Just tried again, still just takes me to the accounts page, with no way to get to the camera page

@JamesC:  I see that also on iOS (whether you select desktop view or not).  Note this also happens with Chrome, not only Safari.

@Andy8: Is there a reason you want to do this instead of just using the app?  

Andy8
Guide
Guide

I was trying to login via my iPhone to the website as the app doesn't allow me to disable detection settings such as animal, movement, car, these are only available on the website to my knowledge (please correct me if I am wrong).

I happened to have a situation where my dad parked his car in a spot where it kept triggering and I wanted to disable the car option but only had a phone available, no desktop computer, at the time.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andy8 wrote:

the app doesn't allow me to disable detection settings such as animal, movement, car, these are only available on the website to my knowledge (please correct me if I am wrong).

That is wrong.  Smart Notification settings are available in the app.

Details for finding the settings depend on whether your app interface shows "Feed" and "Dashboard", or whether it shows "Library".

If you see "Feed" then the instructions are

If you see "Library" instead, then the instructions are here:

FWIW, I think these controls aren't in the right spot for either user interface.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, the triggering is likely due to the sun's IR reflecting off the car, especially if wind was causing shadows to move on the car or clouds were scuttling by. Reducing motion detection in your modes and rules usually helps.

Andy8
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the links on how to do the changes via the app, I could find the options in the app now.  So that resolves my underlying issue.  Thanks.

And thanks for the info on why the car was triggering the camera, I figured it was something like that. Cheers.