Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Peñaflor
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Guys

I have been accessing the Arlo hub remotely since the installation (6 months) on a daily bases, on 17/07/24 access stop.

Since the installation I have not done any changes to network or configurations.

My immediate reaction was “port forwarding” is the issue, because other cameras and devices no problem just Arlo devices

I have no problem the Arlo cameras locally

I got a copy of all the ports forwarding in use in my network.

The Arlo installation was set as port 19403 ip 192-168-1-24

What I found port 18420 IP192-168- 53, the router was 19403 IP192-168-1-24

Easy fix… change the router to 18420 ip 192-168- 53.

Was not the case, looking at the Arlo port forwarding config screen “not available”

If I press refresh will change the port number, then I change the port in the router, same, in a circle

Can’t figure out was causing all these.

I got 7 other devices running port forwarding, no problems

Has it been a software update lately?

Please advice, these cameras are important to me

If no solution I have not alternative that replace them

Pedro (Australia)

12 REPLIES 12
niga_bmr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Community,

I have 2 Arlo cameras connected to base station (no subscription). When the base station was connected to the ISP router directly, I was able to access the locally stored videos remotely. Recently, I have installed TP-Link deco X55 (connected in AP mode). Now the hub is directly connected to the deco and I can access the local video within the same network. However, I am not able to access the videos remotely (note: notifications are still being received remotely). Are there any settings which can be used for accessing videos remotely?

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@niga_bmr wrote:

I have 2 Arlo cameras connected to base station (no subscription). When the base station was connected to the ISP router directly, I was able to access the locally stored videos remotely. Recently, I have installed TP-Link deco X55 (connected in AP mode). Now the hub is directly connected to the deco and I can access the local video within the same network. However, I am not able to access the videos remotely (note: notifications are still being received remotely).

There is a bug in the iOS app - port forwarding doesn't work at the moment.  So if you are using an iPhone, then it is likely that the iOS bug happened at about the same time you installed the Deco.

Another possibility is that the base station's IP address changed when you moved it to the deco, so check the router's attached device list for that.

You can reserve the base IP address in the router, so it won't change again, and then change the router forwarding rule to point to the correct IP.

niga_bmr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have already reserved the IP and its showing the same IP in Deco app as well. So this might not be the case.

Could be the IOS app issue then. Is the issue only with accessing the videos remotely? I can successfully access the videos on IOS app when connected to wifi.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

out of interest, what model base station do you have? If you have a vmb4500 you don’t have in app access to recordings of the base storage device. You would need 4540 or 5000 model to have the feature. Look at the bottom of the base/hub to confirm the label.

niga_bmr
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DannyBearAgain - confirming, its VMB5000.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@niga_bmr wrote:

Could be the IOS app issue then. Is the issue only with accessing the videos remotely? I can successfully access the videos on IOS app when connected to wifi.

The bug is with port forwarding, so it only prevents remote access.

mikeyboy_3444
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi pedro, there is a bug in the ios app just now and a couple of attempts at fixing it havent worked so far.

i strongly advise you to open a ticket with support and they will keep you updated on developments.  

i have the same issue along with many others unfortunately and yes, there was an arlo IOS app update recently and that's what's cuased the problem.

Huevosgigantes1
Star
Star

My 4 Arlo Pro cams, & my VMB5000r6 were working fine up until 7/16/24. 
After Arlo’s most recent VMB5000 “software update-“ I can no longer remotely view my library. Nice work folks, but I’m not interested in subscribing. That’s why I bought the VMB5000. How’s about figuring out what’s “ up.! “ Addtionally, I can no longer “refresh” for a ext/int port . No ports are being produced. I’ve reset repeatedly. 
ISP Spectrum was out here 8/7/24- they replaced both my modem.  and my router- on suspicion .
It’s an Arlo thing. Fix it folks, and notify us- ASAP! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Huevosgigantes1 wrote:

After Arlo’s most recent VMB5000 “software update-“ I can no longer remotely view my library. 

Port forwarding has been broken in the iPhone app for about 2 months now.  It does work with Android. 

The VPN method still works on the iPhone, but is often harder to set up.

ZWick
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Arlo @ShayneS 

When will the port forwarding bug be fixed on iOS. I installed two cameras yesterday and played with my network router for 4 hours trying to figure how to port forward only to be told by a forum member there has been a bug with the system regarding port forwarding on IOS devices (iPhone) for the last 3 months!!!

When will this be sorted. 

Can someone reach out to me by email or on this forum directly.

jgl1955
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to set up Port forwarding. My router is set up. My cell phone is set up and working fine. My iPad is not. I've verified Internal IP, Port and external port... but Status remains 'Not Available.' I've tried refreshing status, refreshing configuration, turning off Port forwarding on the iPad, etc. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jgl1955 wrote:

I'm trying to set up Port forwarding. My router is set up. My cell phone is set up and working fine. My iPad is not. I've verified Internal IP, Port and external port... but Status remains 'Not Available.' I've tried refreshing status, refreshing configuration, turning off Port forwarding on the iPad, etc. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

There's been a bug in the iOS app for some time now.  Port forwarding doesn't work on iPads and iPhones.  The VPN method for remote access will work, but is hard to set up if you don't have a VPN server built into your router.