Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
scottpev
Follower
Follower

The feed tab is showing a number as though I still have videos in my feed even though I have deleted them

16 REPLIES 16
JShoq
Initiate
Initiate

I have seen several discussions on this topic but I have run into this as I tried to use the same account on my iPhone and iPad to monitor my cameras. I now have 6 "unread" items on the Feed and as a Badge for my app on my iPhone home screen. I have removed the account from my iPad and created a 2nd "viewer" account there so that is now working as I want it. However, I cannot clear the feed, nor the Badge on the app icon. I have my notifications setup now so that badge tells me if something is going on. How can I clear it?

avb527
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling and the 4 notifications showing on the app icon still appear. I don’t even leave unread emails so this is driving me nuts as it’s on my Home Screen 😂

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

With the latest android update I have that, too, even though I'm away and have no access to the smart hub and I don't subscribe: I have a number there that increases every day, as if with the change of modes or days I'm using this wretched system.

It's another bug probably that they've introduced. Business as usual for Arlo then and how very exciting to be kept on our toes yet again (!)

Bullwyzr
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem. 

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same issue, this must be something on Arlo’s end. I have tried the following without any positive results:

Reboot base station

Manually view every camera live

Logout/Login to Arlo app

Delete and re-install Arlo app

Hard reboot iPhone

Arlo team, please provide a fix.

Etowah
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same problem with both my iphone and windows laptop.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Would you mind providing the steps on how you're replicating these symptoms? 

Which version of the iOS Arlo app are you using?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share.

JamesC

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

@JamesC don't you find it embarrassing that with almost every firmware/software release, a new bug is introduced? I personally feel embarrassed for you as a representative of Arlo that this is the case. It doesn't fill me with confidence that your company is very professional in its approach to us as your customers. How long does this need to be mentioned before Arlo become aware of it?

ToniC79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue as well.  I viewed all my events and even deleted them all and its still showing those same 4, plus all the new stuff that comes in.  My husband also has the same thing on his iphone (he was added as an admin). 

I've done some basic troubleshooting still the same issue. I hope they fix this soon, I hate seeing that little red bubble on my screen lol

ToniC79
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS we are using AVD1001.  we are on the latest version of iOS using the 15+

donh4
Tutor
Tutor

I noticed the problem after the most recent firmware update on my iPhone - it is Version 4.15 (7556) and was released on 6/28/24.

As with others my feeds keep growing (now 42) but there are no feeds.  The cameras and notifications and recordings are working.  I have rebooted the iPhone, deleted and reinstalled the app, signed out then back in, opened and videoed all cameras, and restarted the hub.  Nothing has cleared the problem.  It must be a BUG compliments of ARLO.  When ARLO got rid of the free system and required everybody to subscribe or loose support it has gotten worse.

Frustrate
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no feeds but it shows 6

CindyST
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue on both iPad and iPhone iOS 17.5.1.  For me, I tap on the Feed Badge, then "Manage events", then delete all events.  The Feed Badge is clear, no numbers.  I close the app.  Next time I open the app, there's a number (in my case 19) on my Feed Badge and when I tap on it, and it says "There are no events for this day."  Ugh!!!!  This is SUPER ANNOYING!!!!  Please fix this!  This just started happening a couple of days ago.  My phone and iPad are up to date on the software, and it's happening on both devices

MikesArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo2 same issue started 2 days ago.  Up to and stuck on 14 notifications now.  Newer ones will clear

Sledder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can put me on the list with same problem. Feed has been cleared but still shows a number. Reinstalled app, etc, no change. 

Discussion stats