app battery drain on essentials camera from notifications

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AtomA
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far if you find yourself seeing a camera down on charge all of a sudden I've notice an app problem with push notifications in feed or dashboard in the app. Noticed it's been activating my camera and keeping it running. Took me a while to figure it out as I usually have the volume down on my phone but had the volume up one day n heard my dog barking through it with no recording playing from feed or not activating the camera from dashboard but happens after getting notifications of something. Unknowingly had a camera on all night which went from 90ish to 15% in 10 hours just streaming from the app because i had the volume down on my phone when i first got it and the app was running in the background.

A notification of something would happen and just clicking on a push notification or opening up the app and it would run the camera but without pressing play on the dashboard or playing a video in feed and switching between the two options in the app you see no videos playing. now you also need to make sure 1 there is no sound from the camera and or 2 make sure the app is closed via the ||| on your phones background non closed apps area.

ive tried reinstalling the app and or resetting it which didnt solve the problem.

hope this helps others about the app. thinking an auto shutoff streaming to the device while the screen is off on the app on the phone needs to be programmed which can be auto activated after said minutes or give them the options of how long.

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @AtomA 

Can you update to the latest version of the Arlo app 14.5.1 and test again?

AtomA
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is on the lat4st version. 4.15.1

AtomA
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I opened the app while in standby and clicked on feed and then dashboard and the camera auto started. The screen showed a paused screen but I heard recording from the microphone. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which model phone are you using as well as OS?

AtomA
Aspirant
Aspirant

android samsung galaxy a54 is the phone im using. one ui version 6.1   android version 14.   it happen yesterday when i had a video notification. i pressed on feed and then when i pressed on dashboard the mic on my camera started. the video feed didnt in the app of which i pressed the play button and it started straight away like it was already going but not putting the video feed through. normally it takes a few seconds to connect and play the live feed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AtomA Have you tried removing and reinstalling the camera by chance? 

AtomA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been Instructed to reinstall the app which I did by support. I don't think unpairing it would help.

AtomA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sofar it hasn't happened over the last day. Will keep an eye on it.