Will be canceling subscription and changing cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AnaKay
Tutor
Tutor

a terrible camera and a terrible subscription. But it was doable… now, with this price increase, which they didn’t even notify me about, a 40% increase…. It’s not worth it. I will be canceling the subscription and changing camera systems. What’s the point of having a camera that records when ever it feels like it? It stops recording as the person is walking my home. Garbage. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AnaKay,

New annual plans are now available. These plans will allow you to subscribe without an increase in the monthly rate: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

If you're having an issue with motion detection, it could be due to camera placement or sensitivity. Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure you're camera is set up for best performance: https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

JamesC

srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Under Arlo Smart Premier - Single Camera (2) plan, I paid $6 a month for two cameras. Last month, Arlo raised this rate to $10 a month. Where is this new annual plan that gives me back my $6 a month for two cameras? I don't see it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@srandall25 wrote:

Under Arlo Smart Premier - Single Camera (2) plan, I paid $6 a month for two cameras. Last month, Arlo raised this rate to $10 a month. Where is this new annual plan that gives me back my $6 a month for two cameras? I don't see it.

Where are you located?  Annual subscriptions are available in most regions, but unfortunately not in Europe.

Arlo matched the old monthly pricing with the multicamera annual plans, but there is an increase on single camera plans.  FWIW, that is the first increase since 2018.

Annual single-camera subscriptions in the US are $3.99 per camera with the new pricing (so $7.98 instead of $5.98).