Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC 3030 in Brazil

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sfobcn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand that my cameras will not be supported soon (and that is the new reality with technology)! I currently have the cameras in Brazil and have used the free cloud service for 7 years. I was trying to add the Arlo Secure subscription to my old cameras and buy the Arlo Essential Cameras (when I return) however due to geographic limitation, that's now a issue.  I have seen people talking about work-a-rounds but considering I want to purchase 10 cameras, I need assurances that if I make this purchase, I will have functioning cameras in Brazil. Does setting them up in America (and using a different email) resolve my geo issue. I also saw VPN suggestions, is that another resolution? Please help!!! Thanks, Mark Anthony                                                                                                                                                                              OLT-Is there a guarantee that my next Arlo purchase has at least 5 years of life?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could consider buying a system of any of the newer cameras (newer than the Pro 2) as well as a SmartHub which would get you access to local recordings from a drive connected to the hub. That would also work with the older cameras (Pro 2 and older) if desired. The cameras must be connected via the hub for this to work.

Setting the system up in the US or other country where subscriptions are available, including creating a new account while in that country, should work. You'd also need to subscribe using a credit card from that same country.  Use of a VPN for the whole network (likely through a paid service) may also work since others have done this but that's beyond the scope of these forums. You would connect to a server in, say, the US, set the system up and then disconnect the VPN. The system itself should continue to work as if you had set it up as above, with the same credit card issue.

EOL is defined as AT LEAST 4 years after production ends. Since newer cameras are still being produced, you very likely would be well beyond the 5 year need. The Pro 3 may be the first to end since it's the oldest. The newest are the Pro 4, Ultra 2, and Pro 5.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could consider buying a system of any of the newer cameras (newer than the Pro 2) as well as a SmartHub which would get you access to local recordings from a drive connected to the hub. That would also work with the older cameras (Pro 2 and older) if desired. The cameras must be connected via the hub for this to work.

Setting the system up in the US or other country where subscriptions are available, including creating a new account while in that country, should work. You'd also need to subscribe using a credit card from that same country.  Use of a VPN for the whole network (likely through a paid service) may also work since others have done this but that's beyond the scope of these forums. You would connect to a server in, say, the US, set the system up and then disconnect the VPN. The system itself should continue to work as if you had set it up as above, with the same credit card issue.

EOL is defined as AT LEAST 4 years after production ends. Since newer cameras are still being produced, you very likely would be well beyond the 5 year need. The Pro 3 may be the first to end since it's the oldest. The newest are the Pro 4, Ultra 2, and Pro 5.

sfobcn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! I appreciate your suggestions and imput! I actually have a newer Smart Hub (for more range) in my possession and I have a USB to record on but I will still need to get the Arlo Secure set up (registered) by a friend in the USA to avoid any service interruption!  I am a "expert" on VPN's and DNS set ups for my television viewing so that knowledge should help! My only other question now is if Arlo has any kits that do not require cloud recording (at all)! I found another competitor Eufy that is not cloud base and all my previous brackets fit! I was getting ready to install some new Arlo cameras (and I have 80 dollars of brackets) when I got the EOL notice. Timing is everything! Thanks and any additional imput is appreciated! Mark Anthony 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'd need to either use the VPN to a US server or have your friend help to create a new account so it's registered as if in the US. You would then need to still use the VPN to set up the system fresh or ship everything to your friend so he could perform the setup and then ship it back to you. If using the friend, there would be the issue of changing the default phone for 2FA and possibly other little annoyances, not to mention the credit card (hope your friend is trustworthy).

No Arlo camera or system requires cloud recording if you use local recordings. That requires a hub with a drive configured as mentioned before. You can then just set it up as yourself in your home which means no subscriptions are possible.