VMB4540 No recordings

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jeff_fee
Tutor
Tutor

Just got a VMB4540 as my old base station wasn’t discoverable (Arlo apparently trying to fix).

on the new VMB4540 I get notifications but I am not able to see the recordings in the Library.

do I need a USB to see these recordings? I have a subscription also …

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The app library or feed if you have the new app UI only shows the recordings stored in the cloud.

The arlo pro/2 cameras have the legacy 7days free cloud storage so you should have recordings for these in your library/feed.

The essential camera requires a paid subscription to get cloud storage, unless you want to use the base station 4540 to backup your recordings to the USB storage device.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it-for-Arlo-video-recor... 

If you have a multicamera subscription then all your cameras should get the 30days paid cloud storage.

Check your camera details by going to settings/support/ choose the camera device for the details.

jeff_fee
Tutor
Tutor

I got the recordings but the day recordings appeared in the library about 5pm.

so is there a way that these can reflect the new day recordings in the morning not in evening.

i have checked time zone on app and its correct 

i have the multiple camera subscription also.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

There have been numerous reports of delays with recordings appearing recently so hopefully arlo is aware and is working to resolve it.

Arlo is usually slow to acknowledge any issues so I suggest you contact them directly and open a fault case.

I don’t have the issue as yet but could be a regional thing.

jeff_fee
Tutor
Tutor

I just called and tried to log a fault and I was hung up on as it was to hard for the support people.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I guess it is one way to ignore the fault.

@JamesC , @ShayneS, @BrookeN 

jeff_fee
Tutor
Tutor

Sure is.

I noticed 5pm exactly my time it flicks over to the current day recordings.

This is telling me it’s from the back end not my end.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.