Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB 4000 6-cam system and 2 cams just came up as inactive and require a subscription

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dstryr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this 6-cam system for a couple of years and relatively few issues.  Just opened the desktop site and 2 of my 6 cams say inactive and need a subscription.  What's with that?  

In Nov '20 I bought a Ultra 4K   4-cam system for a relative's home and monitored it for a few months until  I turned the system over with the home sale. I've been getting subscription notices for the newer system and now I'm down to 4 cams on my old system. 

Any ideas?   

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dstryr wrote:

I have had this 6-cam system for a couple of years and relatively few issues.  Just opened the desktop site and 2 of my 6 cams say inactive and need a subscription.  What's with that?  

What cameras and base do you have in this system?

dstryr
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system is a Pro VMS4630,  VMB4000 base station and 6 cameras,  VMC4030

Thank you

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dstryr wrote:

My system is a Pro VMS4630,  VMB4000 base station and 6 cameras,  VMC4030

The normal account limit for the 7-day cloud recording is 5 cameras only.  But it looks like you purchased a 6-camera system originally, so your limit is supposed to be 6.

You might need support's help to resolve this (which is unfortunate, since support now charges).  Though see if @JamesC or one of the other Arlo folks has a suggestion for you to try first.