Unable to edit dashboard online

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mray009
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I click on the " + " or " ... " the objects begin to move but once I click on one the entire area freezes and I have to log out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dashboards are device specific, the changes you make when logged in to your account will not transfer to a new device. This is by design.

A cloud fix was released that should resolve the issue with adding or adjusting widgets within the dashboard when logged in to the web client. You will need to clear your browser cache and then try again to see if you still experience the same behavior. Please let me know the results.

JamesC

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Online" as in using a web browser? Have you cleared cookies/cache and tried a different browser?

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue.  I've tried it on Chrome, Firefox and Edge and have the same issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see the same thing. Have you clicked on Settings ("person" icon top left), Support Center and selected one of your devices to talk to official support about this?

Tagging mods here - @JamesC and @ShayneS 

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

I haven't but then my interactions with support have been, let's say, less than good.

Also, I don't see the options you're talking about on my dashboard.  This new interface is absolutely horrible, to be honest.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's different for sure but it just takes a bit of time to get used to. 

Maybe a screenshot of your display would help. There's no icon at the top left of your screen that you can click on?

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

one.jpgtwo.jpg

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

duplicate

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ah, I see - you're using the web interface which didn't register - sorry. In this case, use Settings (bottom of the choices on the left of the screen)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not able to replicate any issue with adding or moving the widgets on the dashboards screen.

If you clear your browser cookies/cache do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

It wouldn't be an issue with cookies since I've tried it with 3 different browsers and, now, on two different machines (home and work).  However, I did clear them and it didn't help at all.  As soon as I click add this is all I see and nothing responds except the back button.

2023-02-28_12-47-51.jpg

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

And then what?  The links just go to the main support page and community just goes to here.  None of the options bring up devices.

2023-02-28_12-56-24.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jfencl wrote:

And then what?  The links just go to the main support page and community just goes to here.  None of the options bring up devices.

Use the app instead.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

The dashboard looks completely different on the app.  It was the first thing I tried.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jfencl wrote:

The dashboard looks completely different on the app.  

Click on the profile icon in the upper left of the app, and you will see the support center there.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

That's a really roundabout way to get to chat.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh wonderful.  They told me to clear the cache and log back in on my browser...

Which logged me out of the app on my phone and killed chat...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC wrote:

I'm not able to replicate any issue with adding or moving the widgets on the dashboards screen.

If you clear your browser cookies/cache do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

I see various issues. I tried adding a widget and the default size was too large so selected the small version. That changed the size but there's no thumbnail in it. Moving it didn't change anything (maybe because it's the only one?) so I clicked on Done. Still no thumbnail so tried to delete it. I get a blank box and can't cause anything to happen.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 12.21.39 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-01 12.22.03 PM.png

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is what I've been experiencing this entire time.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think support has given up on this issue.  I haven't heard anything from them since the 1st.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, do you see the same behavior if you try to add or adjust widgets within the dashboard using the mobile app?

JamesC

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

For those experiencing this issue, do you see the same behavior if you try to add or adjust widgets within the dashboard using the mobile app?

JamesC

No.  The mobile app works (at least on Android) however, that dashboard is not the same as the web dashboard.  Changing it doesn't change the web version.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dashboards are device specific, the changes you make when logged in to your account will not transfer to a new device. This is by design.

A cloud fix was released that should resolve the issue with adding or adjusting widgets within the dashboard when logged in to the web client. You will need to clear your browser cache and then try again to see if you still experience the same behavior. Please let me know the results.

JamesC

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

JamesC

It's now working for me.  Thanks so much!