Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to complete set-up for Emergency Response in Arlo Secure App

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TScotty
Guide
Guide

I just subscribed to the annual Safe and Secure Plan for my Arlo Security System. I'm unable to complete the Emergency Response set up process in the Arlo Secure App. When I advance to the "Add optional information about the location" tab, I can enter some notes about my house, but I'm unable to select the "Continue" button to accept my entry. The only thing I can do is select the "Skip" button. I have the same issue when I try to enter notes in the "Enter optional information about your pets" tab. How do I resolve this problem?

I have the Arlo Secure App installed on my Pixel 7 Pro, with Android version 13.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have been informed the issue looks to be caused by the format of the Zip code entered (95405-2334). Can you try again using the 5-digits (95405).

Thanks 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be a silly question but are you in the US? That's the only country currently available for the security system.

TScotty
Guide
Guide

Yes, I'm in the U.S. - Alaska.

Could it be because I'm still in the trial phase of my subscription? I paid for a full year and was credited the remaining days of the trial period.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose it could be an Alaska thang. @JamesC , @ShayneS ?

TScotty
Guide
Guide

I need to clarify that I was able to subscribe to the service (my credit card was charged and it shows that the service is active). The problem is that I can't add any notes about how to access my home or notes about my dogs in the house because the "Continue" button on those screens does not activate. All I can do is select "Skip." I would like to be able to submit the additional information to help potential emergency responders.

Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you on the latest version of the Arlo app 4.1?

TScotty
Guide
Guide

Yes, I have 4.1.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried entering information in to the building access code section? 

TScotty
Guide
Guide

Yes. Please see attached screenshot. Nothing happens when I click on the "Continue" button. My only option is to select "Skip."

Screenshot_20230207-132215.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does anything change if you remove the symbol?

TScotty
Guide
Guide

No, nothing changes no matter what I put in any of the fields. I have tried going through the process using the app on my Pixel 7 Pro phone and on my Google Pixelbook. Same results.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the info, I provided this to the Dev team and I will update you as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

TScotty
Guide
Guide

I hadn't tried in a while, but since you asked, I tried it just now and same result.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks, I will continue to have this investigated.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Did you happen to receive the email form our support team member Jeff?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have been informed the issue looks to be caused by the format of the Zip code entered (95405-2334). Can you try again using the 5-digits (95405).

Thanks 

TScotty
Guide
Guide

Yes, and Jeff was able to lead me to a solution (as noted in your next reply).

TScotty
Guide
Guide

Yes, changing the ZIP code to a five digit entry solved my problem! I was able to complete the set-up.

Thanks to the folks at Arlo for sticking with this problem through resolution!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome, Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you have any other questions : )