Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trigger automation to set mode based on schedule and location

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jadaiber
Follower
Follower

With the new 4.xxx interface is possible to have modes set based off of location and schedule together.  For example, when arriving home during the daytime I'd like the mode set from ARM AWAY to STANDBY and when arriving home at night from ARM AWAY to ARM HOME.  I'm not seeing that this is possible, but might be missing something obvious.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At home and away are functions of geofencing. Go to Routines and click on Automations and then the + at the top right. Choose Add Arrive/Leave to set this up. You will have to create both separately so be sure to go through the process carefully, selecting Arrive or Leave modes appropriately (both are displayed which can be confusing).

WStemp
Aspirant
Aspirant

That explains geofencing, but, if I have a “Schedule “ for Sunrise (= Standby) and Sunset triggers “Alarm Home”.  I’m assuming Arlo will initially set only one Mode despite the time of day. In other words Schedule changes are only triggered once at the beginning of the time cycle, not continuously thru the designated time? When I arrive home Arlo will not set the new mode based upon the time of day?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have never used Sunrise and Sunset so can't comment on whether that may be an issue. My schedule is set for specific times.

Yes, only one mode at a time is possible and it's at the beginning of the time set in the schedule. Geofencing may allow you to use what you desire  by using Enable/Disable an Automation rather than changing modes. Have you tried that?

WStemp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.

in my case, I would like the software to make the decision about which mode it should be in when I or my spouse arrives home, based on the time of day. 
Disabling/Enabling an Automation only seems to allow for one predetermined mode regardless of the time of day.