Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The request timed out error message

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jonionthespot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently I have been unable to log into my account. I get the request timed out error message. I have three Macs in different locations on different networks/ISP. Doesnt matter if I use Chrome, FIrefox or Safari.

This ONLY happens on my desktop computers, all of my mobile devices can access the the app without any issue. 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jonionthespot wrote:

Recently I have been unable to log into my account. I get the request timed out error message.

Is it the two-factor authentication that is timing out?

jonionthespot
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, This happens at the next step after I put my password in and click login. I don’t even get to the 2 step authentication screen

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

On the web browser try deleting the cache, also can you please try from another browser and see if you see the same behavior. 

jonionthespot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cleared cache. Tried using Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Same problem on three different Macs in 3 different locations with 3 different ISP. My iPhone works fine.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

jonionthespot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried reaching out to support but was unsuccessful. I did resolve the issue. Here's what I found. Osx 16.3.1 is not compatible with Arlo 4.8.1_1. Luckily OSX 13.6.1 came out and when I upgraded my OS everything works. I went and upgraded my other 2 iMacs and problem has been resolved.