Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Vafbjf
Initiate
Initiate
Took cameras down cancelled subscription but have been charged $9.99 per month since May have had at least a dozen cases created now they can’t talk live because they say I don’t have a subscription but I’m being charged for a subscription every month HELP
9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vafbjf,

I've escalated your support ticket concerning this issue and requested a status update. An agent will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Vafbjf
Initiate
Initiate
Have not heard from anyone yet
mxm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem.

Arlo has been charging me 10 bucks a month for over a year now. I had cases before to try and rectify it - they even asked me for months of credit card charge proof that I provided. At that time, I stopped getting monthly email notification of my charge. But, funnily enough, they continued charging my card.

Now, I'm told I'm not eligible to talk to a live person and was directed to these forms. Hilariously, this is the first issue I see here!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mxm wrote:

I have the exact same problem.

Arlo has been charging me 10 bucks a month for over a year now. I had cases before to try and rectify it - they even asked me for months of credit card charge proof that I provided. At that time, I stopped getting monthly email notification of my charge. But, funnily enough, they continued charging my card.

Now, I'm told I'm not eligible to talk to a live person and was directed to these forms. Hilariously, this is the first issue I see here!

If you log into your account and look at the subscription status, is it showing an active subscription?

mxm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @Stephanb,

Nope, nothing active there. It was the same when I did talk to support previously as well.

Let me provide some history - I purchased an Arlo camera last year but returned it two days later after realizing it didn't allow viewing recordings from the app back then (and a couple of other reasons I don't immediately recall, something about pulling the SD card out if you want to view anything on it). I went with the Nest IQ instead. Anyway, that part was not a problem.

During the two days I had the camera, I used a trial subscription, which I promptly ended when I returned the camera. If I login to my account, I see no devices or subscriptions (as the support person also confirmed when I last talked to them in Feb 2021).

Problem is, my card has been charged the 10 bucks a month since Nov 2020 which is when I purchased and returned the camera 🙂

I believe someone from Arlo will need to help me, but I no longer know how to reach them l. I did try tweeting their account blast night; let's see.
mxm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looking at other threads on the topic, it seems like an ongoing problem at Arlo. 

I've attached some screenshots to show what my account has been like for almost a couple years now (no devices or subscriptions). 

My previous case numbers to try and resolve this are 42300315, 41812070, 42299335 from a time where I could actually contact someone. As an aside, not having a general support email or contact unless you have an active subscription (which ironically I am being charged for) is a pretty weird corporate decision from a company, but I'm willing to leave that aside as long as this can be resolved and I can be refunded.

For those that are unable to look at those previous case numbers, here's what happened:

- I tried the product out in November 2019 (previously mentioned Nov 2020 but it was actually 2019) and returned it due to unrelated reasons. I cancelled all subscriptions and removed all devices of course.

- In Feb 2021, I noticed charges of $10/month from Arlo since Dec 2019. I realize its my mistake for not keeping a sharper eye on my statements, but the reason I was buying cameras was that we had a newborn, followed shortly with the lockdowns; yes - I missed reading every statements thoroughly. To add to that, Arlo doesn't seem to email monthly receipts of these charges (I see other threads to that effect as well) so it wasn't very obvious that I was being charged until I went looking.

- I contacted support in Feb 2021 (I was able to at the time). They asked me to submit proof of my credit card statements to show Arlo had charged me. I took those statements for all of those months and gave them to the Arlo support tech. The case numbers I mentioned earlier are about that. I was due a refund and cancellation of further charges.

- After more waiting, everything went silent, and I no longer was allowed to create/update the support tickets, which bring me to today 😞

I usually don't like to post publicly on forums like these when the company is already working with me on a resolution, but I literally have no other place to go unfortunately. I'm hoping a company representative may help me get in touch with someone to let me put this in the past.

arlo1.JPG

arlo2.JPG

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mxm wrote:

I usually don't like to post publicly on forums like these when the company is already working with me on a resolution, but I literally have no other place to go unfortunately. 

Have you tried your credit card company (disputing the charges)?  That might help, as they should also loop in Arlo.

You could also stop the bleeding by asking for a replacement card.

mxm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi!

Thanks for continuing to help 🙂

Yes, you are right, that is a possible course of action. I had sort of assumed that it would be a harder process to go through but let me try that now. I didn't think about changing cards, it's a good idea. One thing I have seen Amex do is they seem to allow automatic payments to continue using an older card number but let me start a case and talk to Amex. Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mxm,

The care team is currently investigating your support case on this issue. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as more information is available.

JamesC