Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscription question

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bould
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 older camera that work without any subscription and 3 newer cameras that require the purchase of a subscription from Arlo.   Had I know when I purchased the new cameras(2022) I would have purchased another brand.  i don’t need to be held up by Arlo to purchase a subscription  when the only thing I use the camera for at our Lake Place is to see the animals and the weather.  Don’t need to pay $10 per camera per month to watch.  I thinking I should have purchased older camera that don’t require a subscription.

If I can"t resolve the subscription issue, I will purchase new cameras(many brands to chose) that DO NOT require a subscription.

Please….thoughts and advice to Arlo Community
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bould wrote:

Don’t need to pay $10 per camera per month to watch.  

You don't need to pay $10 per camera per month.  In the US, it's either ~$120 per year for unlimited cameras or $12.99 per month for unlimited cameras.  That assumes the cameras are configured to be in the same location (you need one subscription per location).

Also, you can livestream without a subscription.  If you want cloud recording and other features you would need a subscription.

@bould wrote:

I thinking I should have purchased older camera that don’t require a subscription.

Sounds like you didn't get (or didn't read) the EoL notice.

Free cloud storage will be ending for the legacy Arlo cameras sometime this year.  The date depends on the camera model.  Some will lose this feature on 1 April 2023, the others will lose it on 1 January 2024.

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

For the older cams, by 'free cloud storage' are you talking of the 'free 7-day cloud storage'?

If so, there is conflicting statements by some 'experienced' in this very forum whether the EOL for that service will come into play for those that currently have it.

Or are the two terms not one and the same?

Or is it just more of a mess and par for the course for Arlo talk?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Minburn57 wrote:

If so, there is conflicting statements by some 'experienced' in this very forum whether the EOL for that service will come into play for those that currently have it.

When Arlo first announced the  EoL, they said that the free 7-day storage would end when the cameras reached the EoL date.

A few days ago they changed that, and are now saying that the 7-day storage will continue.  I believe that is in response to the backlash from customers here, on social media, and other places.

@Minburn57 wrote:

Or are the two terms not one and the same?

There's a link to the policy at the top of the forum page, I suggest you read it yourself.  It describes what EoL means.

bould
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have now read documents and understand it is for a term of one(1) year and I may cancel at any time or before it automatically renews and it will cover my 6 cameras both old and new for $118 year which I will do.

Here is my question before I subscribe......What is the email to contact Arlo to cancel my subscription.  Very tired of websites that say you can cancel and terminate then....YOU CAN'T FIND THE ONLINE ADDRESS TO CANCEL.

Please advise

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bould wrote:

I have now read documents and understand it is for a term of one(1) year and I may cancel at any time or before it automatically renews and it will cover my 6 cameras both old and new for $118 year which I will do.

One thing to keep in mind is that when you cancel there is no refund.  So if you get the $118 subscription today, and cancel it next month, then you are out the entire $118.

@bould wrote:

Here is my question before I subscribe......What is the email to contact Arlo to cancel my subscription.

Subscriptions are purchased, canceled, and otherwise managed from my.arlo.com.  Not via email.