Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bradgillespie
Tutor
Tutor

With the new Arlo experience I’m not seeing how to have my floodlight camera trigger the light 24/7 but only have the alarm go off between specific hours at night. 

This was possible under the old experience. Am I missing something?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to configure 2 different modes to accomplish this, one with no siren and the other with siren. When you create or edit the floodlight rule, by default you choose an action but you can also add more actions which include enabling the siren.

Once the rules are correct, use Automations to create an appropriate schedule. You will need 2 schedules - one to choose the siren mode and another to choose the no siren mode.

bradgillespie
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for replying! I was afraid you were going to say that.

The issue is that I want a mode for Arm Home and Arm Away, depending on whether I am at home and want inside cameras active. But in both modes, I want the siren for the outside camera to go off only at night. 

I don't think it's currently possible to accomplish all of this since that is four different modes. Essentially Away Day, Away Night, Home Day, and Home Night.

I was hoping an automation would be able to enable/disable the siren.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You do also have the Standby mode which can be used as you wish regardless of the name.

bradgillespie
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks! Now I only need one more mode 😂