Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared Camera Access is completely broken, this is an extremely important feature and now it's gone.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shared Camera Access is completely broken, this is an extremely important feature and now it's gone.
I look after my 80 year old mom with Arlo cameras, I have a camera on all the stairs going into her house. I will know, with Arlo's help if there is a problem with my mom on these stairs. This is very important to me as if there is a problem I can act quickly. 

The latest update has broken Shared Camera Access. I can no longer use this product, as it was promised to work, to protect my family. I was counting on ARLO to work as promised. 
1. Will ARLO admit that this feature, that work last week, is now broken. 
2. Will ARLO please fix this ASAP? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC

Yes, updating the UI experience by adding a Security Panel device was the trick. 
Thanks for the trick.

I probably don't need to say this but I will anyway. This is an extremely confusing upgrade and seasoned users like me with dozens of cameras, multiple addresses and accounts with years of experience can't figure it out by themselves. 
There should be one UI to rule them all that installs and takes care of all these issues for the user. 

Also, the default Standby Mode should include motion triggered recording for all devices. This should be copied across to the Armed Home and Armed Away modes with NO sirens activated. Let the user then go in a turn on the siren for each mode and camera set up. Otherwise they think that nothing is recording. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I will tag @JamesC, he seems to be the go to for the latest granted access issues.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BigBrother,

Both accounts (the primary account and the shared account) need to be on the same app version and same UI experience.

If you check the shared account, does the interface look the same as your own? (Dashboards, feeds, locations, etc.)?

JamesC

BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

It sure would be helpful to know if Arlo knows this feature is in fact no longer working and that they are working to fix it. It really changes what I need do each day. If Arlo is not going to fix this soon, I need know, I simply need to know so I can take action to replace the system I have spent so much money on with a system that works. I don't mean to seem angry or passive aggressive but I do feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me. 
THE SHARED CAMERA ACCESS IS BROKEN!
People rely on this to protect their family and property and now it is gone. I'm getting absolutley nothing from ARLO, total radio silence. 
I have three subscription accounts accounts for three properties that run three Arlo systems and now I can only see my house, not my Mom's house, and not my rental property. THE SHARED CAMERA ACCESS IS BROKEN so now I have no idea what is happening at these places where I have Arlo installed. 

BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

>>Both accounts (the primary account and the shared account) need to be on the same app version and same UI experience.

>>If you check the shared account, does the interface look the same as your own? (Dashboards, feeds, locations, etc.)?

All apps on all systems have been upgraded to the latest app in the iOS App Store. We even deleted all the camera access's and sent new invites which have all been accepted. The grant access list now includes the accepted invitations.  
My wife owns the subscription to the rental property, she can't see any cameras from our main house that I have shared with her, I can't any camera from her subscription. My mom has a subscription and she can't see any cameras from my subscription and I can't see her's. Everyone is up to dates. 

My dash board does looks different from theirs, I have the new Home Security System.

I have a dashboard, the others do not have a dashboard. They are all up do date with their apps, I have checked and I'm absolutely positive of this. Their apps look different from mine. 

BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does something need to happen on the website for each of these subscriptions ? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If their interface looks different, they need to migrate to the new UI experience. They can do this by starting the onboarding flow for an Arlo Home Security system (much like you did when you added yours). They will be prompted to update the app interface first, afterwards they can then back out of the onboarding flow and they should have the same UI that you see on your account.

You can then change locations and see the shared devices.

JamesC

BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

>>You can then change locations and see the shared devices.

What is "Change Locations"? 

Will I get all the cameras in my feed at once as before, my cameras and shared cameras? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BigBrother,

For a better understanding of locations, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062778/What-are-Locations-in-the-Arlo-Secure-App-and-how-do-I-use-them

JamesC

BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC

Yes, updating the UI experience by adding a Security Panel device was the trick. 
Thanks for the trick.

I probably don't need to say this but I will anyway. This is an extremely confusing upgrade and seasoned users like me with dozens of cameras, multiple addresses and accounts with years of experience can't figure it out by themselves. 
There should be one UI to rule them all that installs and takes care of all these issues for the user. 

Also, the default Standby Mode should include motion triggered recording for all devices. This should be copied across to the Armed Home and Armed Away modes with NO sirens activated. Let the user then go in a turn on the siren for each mode and camera set up. Otherwise they think that nothing is recording.