Scheduling multiple cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jyoung031
Tutor
Tutor

I have just installed the “Arm Away…” app.  I was able to easily schedule up and down times on the old app for one or more cameras.  But this app has me beat.  I have followed the schedule article but what steps it says I should be seeing, I do not.  I can’t get past disarming the entire field rather than just two individual cameras.  I am creating the schedule in “Routines”.  I can create the calendar, and link it to the “Standby” mode option.  But at this point the directions say I should be able to link the camera and then see a request to name the schedule.  I do not.  After I link the camera, it wants to “modify camera” then add an action.  I don’t want to add an action.  I just want the camera to go into standby at my selected time.  I contacted customer support who asked for a video of me attempting to create a schedule.  But I haven’t heard anything back.  This is probably just me missing something but I can’t figure out what.  Hoping someone can shed some light.  FWIW, I’m using 3 Pro 4’s and a Pro 5 on a router.

TIA

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you want the third camera to be enabled 24x7?

Jyoung031
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I disarm two during the day and leave 2 24/7.  Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jyoung031 wrote:

Yes, I disarm two during the day and leave 2 24/7.  Thanks

Then just

• remove the rules for the two cameras that you disarm from "Armed Home"
  • maybe add the rules for the two cameras you arm 24/7 to "Standby"

Then use the schedule to shift to "Armed Home" during the day, and "Armed Away" at night.

Jyoung031
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the help!

Jyoung031
Tutor
Tutor

Stephen,

I wanted to say thanks again for the help.  I never did hear back from Arlo.  It finally started to sink in how to use the three modes vs scheduling.  I do have one question, why would I want to put the two “always on” cameras into “Standby”?  I’m asking so that I can further understand how I can makes this app. Truly functional.  
Thanks again. Jon

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jyoung031 wrote:

I do have one question, why would I want to put the two “always on” cameras into “Standby”?  I’m asking so that I can further understand how I can makes this app. Truly functional.  

Note "Standby' is just a name. Since you can change what the three modes do, you can make "Standby" do something other than disarm all the cameras.

One reason to make "Standby" and "Armed Home" the same is to make sure no one can disarm the 2 cameras you want on 24x7 by mistake.

Jyoung031
Tutor
Tutor

I was very satisfied with the Arlo Pro 4 series and the application that supported them.  It was easy to understand and reliable.  But, I ended up with having to purchase a Pro 5 to replace a camera and WOW!, what a mistake.  Don’t get me wrong, the camera is fine, but the app. Is so unreliable that I can’t stand dealing with it anymore, and the Arlo support for it is so poor as to be almost non-existent. The app. continually refuses to activate consistently on set times, and forget Sunrise/Sunset, apparently these are just “ideas” because they certainly aren’t reliably functional.  Again last night, it never armed “Away” so I had 4 expensive  plastic boxes looking at nothing.  Arlo does continually send “auto reply” requests asking if my problem has been resolved, of course, I say “no”, and restate the problem again, just to get yet another request asking if the issue has been resolved, so I have just given up responding which I guess will close out another successful attempt by Arlo to act concerned and doing absolutely nothing to resolve anything.

So, I’m giving up, accepting my losses, and moving on.  It’s to bad, the cameras are good tools, but the app. Is a package deal that I continually pay for with my subscription, and I don’t feel I’m getting my moneys worth.