Reporting possible privacy issue

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
zpliu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo team, can someone reach out to me via private message or email? I’d like to share a screenshot of a thumbnail on the Arlo secure app. The thumbnail is NOT that of my camera, but some other random camera from some other user. 

there don’t seem to be any avenue to report it

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a subscription you can use Settings, Support to choose a camera model. Scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support.

You can also PM @JamesC , @ShayneS or @BrookeN .

zpliu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @jguerdat. Unfortunately I don’t have a subscription, thus I only got the run around from the chat bot.

can’t seem to find a way to PM any of the 3 of them. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN would appreciate if one of you can contact me. Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you click on any of those names as a link, their profile pops up. Near the top right is where you can send them a PM.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can also click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

zpliu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you all. Have sent a message to @ShayneS 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@zpliu 

Thank you for this feedback, we're working with the development team to investigate this report. I will provide more information as soon as possible. 

Aquasunn
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo makes it practically impossible to file a complaint about privacy concerns. Even their notice about privacy is vague. I have a screenshot of a similar issue where the camera is showing some someone else’s house instead of my own. This is extremely concerning and I want someone to file a formal complaint and investigate the issue.