Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mbinco
Initiate
Initiate

I love MY Arlo cameras. I have recommended them to family, friends, our Church.... In fact, I believe that some of your BEST advertising is that personal word-of-mouth recommendation. BUT, the problem comes in with management of multiple shared systems. MANY of those family, friends, entities - they WANT, if not NEED, me to have ongoing shared access to their systems, for maintenance and troubleshooting purposes. The issue comes in with the "all-or-nothing" aspects of the notifications. I NEED notifications from MY cameras. But, since I also manage the setup at my Church, I get all the notifications from there as well. They have a school M-F. I get HUNDREDS of push notifications from there EVERY DAY. My phone chirps CONSTANTLY. The actual notifications that I WANT - that I paid for my PERSONAL system to provide for me - those are drowned out by the volume from the shared system (it's someone else's responsibility to monitor that system, I provide the setup management help). It makes my personal system highly ineffective for it's design purpose. I cannot find ANY way to maintain, but MUTE that one shared system in my ARLO account. So, out of frustration, I removed the Church's shared cameras from my mobile app today. The instructions that pop up upon removing a shared camera is to "sync" the cameras in order to see those again. Cannot find ANY resources to explain how to do that. It is FRUSTRATING - the requests from the ARLO Community to allow granularization of push notifications on either the camera, or at least on the base-station, level... that's been asked for REPEATEDLY for MANY YEARS. One of the major plus's of ARLO was the no-fee limited cloud recordings - I understand why you needed to move away from that to a paid subscription model... I grumbled, but I paid. And, I still recommended the product to others. But, as I face this issue again, with a widely NEEDED feature that you have ignored addressing for years... you luster is wearing off!

4 REPLIES 4
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To regain access to the cameras the account holder will need to grant access again to the cameras and the permissions. 

For the feature requests I will pass this information onto the development team. 

bmgoodman
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's far worse when you're still on the old UI and someone with the new UI shares with you.  You get all the notifications with none of the control.  I had to pull the plug to my aunt's Arlo.  Way too many notifications.  I wanted to just log in to her cameras occasionally to check on things (I have her account, password, and permission to do so), but the "trust this browser" almost never works.  It says you get 2 weeks but nearly every time I return to look at her cams, I have to redo the push notification.  I can tell you I don't have this issue with either the Wyze or Blink cameras that I help support.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To share you will both need to be on the same UI. You will need upgrade your account UI by attempting to onboard a security system or a Pro 5 camera (even if you do not have one). Once you enter the onboarding flow for one of these products, you will be prompted to update the app to the new UI experience. After completing the upgrade, you can then leave the onboarding flow and share devices with your aunt.

bmgoodman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks.  I had already found that I have to be on the same UI as my aunt to avoid some of these issues.  So I already revoked my sharing of her cam.  If I need to admin, I can use a browser on my PC and log in under her account and adjust what I need.  There is NO way I'm voluntarily moving to the new version!