Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem arming VMB4540r3

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
konacam1
Guide
Guide

I just added a 2nd base station for my pro 4 camera and set up activity zones and detection. I left my property and found that the “arm” in modes wouldn’t respond.. keeps saying “getting information “.

i restarted the base station remotely and reinstalled my iOS Arlo app… nothing changes 

how can I get this to work?

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master

Do you get this when at the location with your mobile connected to the local wifi network?

Is the mobile device set to use cellular data for the arlo app?

Usually getting the error suggests that the base is offline although if you are able to restart it remotely it doesn’t make sense. Maybe try a power cycle of the Base.

konacam1
Guide
Guide

I wasn’t aware of this issue until I left my vacation property.. so no I’m trying to work this out from several hundred miles away 

konacam1
Guide
Guide

I also contacted an Arlo technician.. we did a power reset and also reinstalled the Arlo app.. didn’t work. Suggestion was to try logging in from another device. Haven’t had success at that either

Dannybear
Master
Master

Can you control the cameras that are attached to the problem  base station, will they live stream and record to the cloud library?

If so you can check the motion, audio trigger status from the devices page, look for the speaker and flying ball icons next to the battery icon in the camera’s panel, if one or both are black then the camera is monitoring and likely still armed.

If they are grey then the cameras are disabled and the base is likely disarmed.

You can’t perform a power reset remotely only a restart which is a software reset not a hardware reset which only a power cycle of the base can do.

Going forward you may want to install a smart plug on the base station power to allow for a remote power down and power up to get you going again.

I operate smart plugs on both my base stations and externally powered cameras for this reason.

Bassco
Aspirant
Aspirant

How did you restart your base station remotely ??????

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bassco wrote:

How did you restart your base station remotely ??????

Go into the app settings, and then select the base.  There is a restart option there.