Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Internet connection for App over Ethernet

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tech404
Aspirant
Aspirant

At work, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 running Android 11 at work and I have it connected to the internet via a USB to Ethernet adapter, which works perfectly for every app on that device...except Arlo Secure. I am currently running Arlo Secure 4.12_28637. When I go to log in on the app, I get the error message " No Internet Connection", even though I do have a functioning internet connection through ethernet. No other apps on this tablet have any issue retrieving or sending data over the wired USB/Ethernet adapter, just Arlo. I need this tablet to stay connected and up on my desk so I can monitor those cameras as I work, but I can not have it on a Cell signal that does not exist in our building, or on a Wi-Fi network that is already heavily burdened by well over 100 connected devices. Is there something I am missing to get this to work? 

4 REPLIES 4
Pro5s
Tutor
Tutor

iOS app is down for me as well.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tech404 wrote:

At work, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 running Android 11 at work and I have it connected to the internet via a USB to Ethernet adapter, which works perfectly for every app on that device...except Arlo Secure. I am currently running Arlo Secure 4.12_28637. When I go to log in on the app, I get the error message " No Internet Connection", even though I do have a functioning internet connection through ethernet. 

Are you able to log into my.arlo.com on your work PC? It is possible that your company firewall is blocking the connection.

Although I get the "overloaded wifi" part, I still suggest trying the wifi as a test.

Tech404
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am able to login to Arlo on the website on both the tablet and my desktop. It's actually a company Arlo account, so it has been Whitelisted, I just don't want to put it on the Wi-Fi permanently or have it open constantly on my desktop. But, yes, I can login to the website on both devices. It is just the actual Android app that says I do not have an internet connection when I do.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try restarting your phone? Also check your data settings and make sure everything is on correctly for the Arlo app. Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app on the Android device? If not can you please try that as well.