Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New phone, Changing Two-Step Verification doesn't seem to work.

Discussion stats
  • 39 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
pjama
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I have a new phone and have allowed it to be a trusted device. I've gone into Settings -> Profile -> Login Settings -> Two-Step Verification  and ticked the new device under Trusted Devices.

Now when I log in on another device (in this case browser on PC), it says it send a push notification to the new Trusted phone (even has the right name) but that notification is not seen on new Trusted phone.

I've since deleted my old phone as a Trusted Device as it was listed first but not ticked but that has not made a difference.

Is there a time delay for this as it propagates through the cloud? If so, how long. It's been about an hour so far which I thought would be time enough.

Cheers

P

Best answers
  • pjama
    Luminary
    Luminary

This is now resolved for me having updated to Android App version 3.7.1_28485 AND removing and re-adding the primary trusted device.

39 REPLIES 39
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cardaddy73

What is the error message you receive? Can you provide a screenshot? 

cardaddy73
Aspirant
Aspirant

It says We don't recognize this device, try another verification method, problem is it does not recognize any of my options. No notifications come to any of the devices that I have listed. All my devices are IOS and up to date. I have tried reloading the app clearing browser, changing from Duck Duck Go and use Google with no luck.

gkhicksFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've also resolved it... by replacing the camera system with a more robust one that provides me with a number of different access methods...

MAH001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

The verification email sometimes arrives long after the verification timer has expired.  

Help!!

Andrew350
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can not logging Arlo app on new iPhone 14pro. “Unused Second Factor Auths Limit Reached” message showed up. 
No issue logging using Mac Pro notebook. 

cardaddy73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you get any help on this or have you fixed yours? This is disgusting Arlo has not support or any thing other than a forum that is or has been NO help. 

cardaddy73
Aspirant
Aspirant

What did you switch to? I feel like I wasted a bunch of money on a system that comes with no support!

gkhicksFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Took advantage of a great sale on Lorex cameras and NVR... No longer have to contend with Arlo cloud, and limited access to hub.  With B ack Friday coming up, except more sales!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have my team looking in to this issue still, I will provide another update as soon as possible.

Andrew350
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried two step verification (cell phone or email), deleted and reinstalled Arlo app. Did not work. Logging in “my.Arlo.com” on new iphone, only showed the page of subscription. 
I think it must be the issue of the compatibility with new iOS16 of iphone. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

cardaddy73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not exactly, I suddenly started getting the login request approvals to my email and was able to have the system recognize and approve it. This has worked on both our phones and I pad, but just seems like what would I do if email went away? It still will not send request to other approved devices.
barrylong
Aspirant
Aspirant

New Phone Apple 13

EID8904903200700888260009637826

Serial Number JN6KMT6

IMEI/MEID 3561771529

IME35617715290

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@barrylong

May I ask what the issue is you're experiencing?