Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Mobile App v4 Doesn't Do Landscape View in CVR

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Shadowy
Star
Star

So, upgraded to the new v4 of the app (my mistake..I recommend against upgrading). 

In the new version, it seems like you can't view CVR footage in landscape mode. If you are in Live view, you can by rotating phone. But, if you go back in time and view anything, you are stuck viewing in the tiny box (using iPhone). 

Anyone else having this issue? 

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for letting me know. I have reported this to the team and I will update this thread as soon as I have more info. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Shadowy
Star
Star

Thanks for the update. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You are welcome. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Does this issue still occur with the latest version of the Arlo app 4.1? 

Shadowy
Star
Star

Yes, the issue is still happening. I'm on version 4.1 (5991). 

When in live mode, you can access the full screen mode using the icon in the upper right corner or by flipping device to landscape.   In history mode where you are pulling video from the cloud recorded streams, the option goes away.  Flipping the device does nothing.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you, I updated the team. I will report back as soon as I have more information to share.

readyp
Tutor
Tutor

Full screen/Landscape mode is working for me with 4.3 App.

I have worked out i can zoom the CVR timeline too, by reverse pinching the screen. Unfortunately I cannot do the same on Laptop screen using browser. The V3 app used to have 1hr and 5min scales, which were very handy.

We need them to add the Utility > Camera Positioning to the phone app next...

Shadowy
Star
Star

Yes, it's finally working on the last 4.3 (5832) update.  

Hopefully, they keep squashing bugs and add more functionality. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the updates. 

SoundRyte
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thought I'd just jump in here to say I'm having a heap of trouble viewing CVR in landscape at all. Not even when turn my device to landscape. I am using a Samsung S22. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SoundRyte 

Thanks for the update. Can you provide more detail regarding this issue you are experiencing?

SoundRyte
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS

All good now, I got it sorted. Not sure what was going on before, I just couldn’t get it into full-screen mode no matter what I did. Working fine now though. Thanks for the response. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SoundRyte No Problem, thanks for letting me know.