Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the following issues:

Arlo support don't answer their phones.

Chat button doesn't work. 

Mechanical chime doesn't work. 

None of my cameras observe schedules. 

None of my cameras observe geofencing. 

Setting app to standby or home mode does nothing and they all reset to away mode upon restart of the app.

No longer able to disable 1 camera whilst charging

Activity zones are not observed.

I'm getting quite stressed with notifications popping up all the time, day and night "motion detected" and to top it all off Arlo now restrict the amount of storage we can use, which wouldn't be a problem if all these above issues were resolved. 

This is a premium product, yet there appears to be absolutely no support. I've left a review on the play store where I was told to contact support, I have done that multiple times, as I said they don't reply to emails, chat doesn't work and phones don't seem to be answered. I'm at a total loss as to what to do. 

We have the multi camera subscription. 

Any advice as to how I can get these issues resolved, it would be very greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN please look into this.

OP, my fastest suggestion would be to remove all devices from your account. Depending on whether you want to create a new account or continue with the current one, you could either use Settings, Data Privacy, Account, Delete Arlo Account or just create a new account with a different email address. Set the system back up. I agree it shouldn't be needed but you're pretty stuck. If the mods tagged above can't provide you with a working solution, it's likely your only choice.

MichaelT90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply @jguerdat 

It feels a bit hammer to crack an egg, but I'll keep that in my back pocket as an option. 

These issues all started after we bought the doorbell, and it's addition forced the app to "upgrade" so what you say makes sense in that perhaps the upgrade botched? 

I'll wait to see if the mods can suggest anything less drastic, but if not I will give it a go.  Thanks again. 

Michael

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

The advice you received on here is wrong. Your account isn't corrupted.  Simply, with the new app, schedules etc are not transferred over and so you need to set up everything from scratch. See my posts on setting up everything as it's not an easy task, unfortunately.

Regarding Arlo's phone, are you in the UK? When I tried their phone some time ago, it didn't work. Thankfully there's the seller so if your product is faulty, you can return it. Mine was bought on Amazon, and Amazon is a great company making things easy for the customer, thankfully.

It's not a premium product, but their marketing makes it sound like it is. 

MichaelT90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @Edinburgh_lad1 

I did set up schedules and geofencing again from scratch, I spent about 2 hours getting it right, and even more time reading trying to understand what fresh hell they've created, but the issue now is that only some of those settings seem to stick around in the app, others disappear straight after I've saved them. 

The ones that do stick around don't actually apply anyway. 

I am in the UK yes, I feel like Arlo support have left us UK customers completely in the dark, they place restrictions on the subscription, then seemingly break the app features that would help with such restrictions, followed by providing no support to fix it. 

They did reply to my review last night, telling me I should get in touch with support if there's an issue, sadly there doesn't seem to be any support for UK customers on the product. 

Regarding returning to Amazon, we don't have prime so they've said 30 days is the cut off, I need to go to Arlo support for help now... I'm going around in circles and all I want is to be able to use my cameras and doorbell.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MichaelT90 I have created a ticket for support to reach out to you. They will be getting a hold of you as soon as possible. 

MichaelT90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you @BrookeN 

I really want to continue with Arlo, so if we can get things resolved that would be amazing.

Richland
Guide
Guide

IMG_5683.png

Same issues for me. I bought 3 new cameras and had to upgrade the app. Nothing has worked since. I’ve got an ongoing ticket. Arlo website shows an image of geofencing and scheduling working together with the tag “manage your security your way.” Not true. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Richland as far as scheduling and Geofencing not working together we are aware of this behavior and it is being looked into. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

No, and it hasn't worked for quite some time, which is a euphemism for 'we have no idea why that is'. 

MichaelT90
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was beginning to think I was going mad!

I'm glad I'm not the only one having all these issues. 

I'm also sorry that it's not just me as it means this probably isn't going to be a simple fix.

MichaelT90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now I am wondering if this is partly my issue...

So @BrookeN what's the current advice for a workaround? 

I'm aware I could use one or the other but I'm hoping you know what the best way is to get some way to arm my cameras again? Currently I have to leave them all unarmed! 

I've also not heard anything from support from the ticket you raised for me yet, is this normal?

MichaelT90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN 

So I've just had a series of generic responses from my issues from support, and I've tried to reply but I get 500 internal server error... Every time...

What do I do now? I'm happy to post my response here if you can update the ticket for me?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I let support know you were getting an internal error when attempting to respond. They will be reaching back out. 

MichaelT90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @BrookeN 

I've worked out the issue... I have 30 seconds it seems between losing the ticket to reply and pressing send. Any longer and it throws a 500 error. 

Today, for reference this was my experience:

Reply attempt 1, I wrote the whole thing out, about 15 minutes probably? 500 error. 

Reply attempt 2, I pasted my reply back in, read through it to make sure it was ok, maybe 1 or 2 minutes, certainly no more. 500 error

Reply attempt 3, pasted, quick check to make sure it looks ok, but didn't read through. Maybe 30-45 seconds ? Sent fine. 

I think this highlights the overall issue with the support system at Arlo. You can't get through on the phone, chat doesn't work, and a forum mod has had to get involved in the issue more times than should be needed with the ticket they had to raise. It's not fair on you or the customer. 

Sorry, rant over. Thank you again for letting them know. 

MichaelT90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so responses from support, and my update: 

Turning the device off when charging, they suggested this link: 

https://kb.arlo.com/1085092/How-do-I-turn-my-Arlo-camera-on-or-off

This should be fine. 

Using a mechanical chime - we need a compatibility list, but I have had some be success with the Byron 776, however I don't think it can charge the doorbell.

I'll update as we go through more of the issues.