Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

sdmcgeown
Star
Star

I have seen numerous people posting similar issues but none of the solutions offered really address this problem. There are, at best, workarounds.

I am the main account holder for my Arlo secure account. I have a base station and three Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

All I want to do is share these with my wife's account so she can see the footage as well.

I used the Grant Access feature, selecting all the devices and base station, and it generated an invitation that was sent to my wife.

These are the three attempts we made:

1. She created an account on her App and followed the link. At the end of the process, no devices were visible on her dashboard.

2. We tried again, this time using a different email address. She used a Chrome browser this time on her Windows laptop and created a fresh new Arlo account from scratch. Again there were no devices on her dashboard (browser and app).

3. Finally, I tried myself - using my other email address as if I were a brand new user, going through the process from scratch on my Macbook's Safari browser. Again, I could see nothing appear on my dashboard.

In cases 2 and 3, I could see that the invite was accepted. In the first case (using the app on both my side and my wife's side), the invitation was marked as pending.

This shouldn't be difficult to do. We've tried the app, Windows and Macbook, so can probably rule out a specific platform with a problem.

What is the correct process to add another user? The current documented process does not work.

Thanks, Stephen

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

For the grant access feature to allow visibility to the shared account, both users need to be on the same version of the Arlo mobile app and UI experience. We're currently rolling out app updates for iOS and Android users, but all users may not have version 4.0 available to them just yet. If you have a support ticket open, I encourage you to continue working on a resolution with the support team. Otherwise, please send me a private message and I will assist further.

JamesC

155 REPLIES 155
TJ0519
Aspirant
Aspirant

Open the 'Grant Access' view and you will see who you've given access to and whether they have accepted. Click on the arrow and the cameras should be listed. You have to click on each device to give access to others. This helped me and I hope it helps you!

AdaLau
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, can you share/inbox me how to update to the new UI, I'm stuck on adding device as I can't see the security system at "add Device card".

My friend successfully got my authentication, she can receive push video messages, but can't see any devices in her app.

Thanks a lot!

DJRuby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow Arlo is just awful at basic instructions for their products.

After failing with the chat bot I finally got a person to chat with me and the solution was super simple. My problem - friend access not working as friend has new experience and I had the old. Unable to upgrade all on AppStore as it was up to date. Firmware all up to date. 

solution: open your old app, go to add device, select system (like new security system) then you get the option to access the new experience. 

This immediately solved the issue but at this point, no way I will ever buy Arlo products again. What a POS company this is.

bacauthen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Man this problem has been driving me nuts for months. Just found your post, tried what you said, and it worked immediately. Thank you!

LSHomes
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening to us now too. Is there a way to get us both on the same version?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LSHomes wrote:

This is happening to us now too. Is there a way to get us both on the same version?

The process is described above.

You can't migrate from Feed to Library, so you need to instead migrate the account(s) on Library to Feed.

Do that by starting to add a Pro 5s camera (or the home security) system to the account on Library.  The process can't be completed, since you don't have those devices.  But it will migrate you to "Feed". 

Note there is no way to migrate back.  One challenge with "Feed" is that there are no custom modes.  Also, getting the combination of geofencing+scheduling to work is a challenge (not sure if any posters here managed to get it to work as expected).

ErikGrésau
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got the Sam issue for 2 of my invited users!!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ErikGrésau wrote:

Got the Sam issue for 2 of my invited users!!!

The solution is posted earlier in this thread.

DanD1975
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please share the thread to fix this issue. I can only delete a second location and not the primary one. Grrrr!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you trying to add an authorized user? When you state you can not delete a second location, where are you attempting to delete the location from?

AJS14820
Aspirant
Aspirant

New solar panel will not charge the cameras

How do I test the panel?

zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just went through a bunch of time with chat support and was told since the camera I want to share is a Arlo Go, upgrading to the new user interface is not compatible with that model. This has been my biggest complaint about Arlo. They want you to keep buying new products. They are part of the landfill problem. They need to remain backward-compatible if they want to not pi$$ off their entire user community.  I know that I was able to share videos in the past. So they should still be able to do it. They are not gonna force me to buy a new product. If I have to buy a new product, I’m changing to an entirely new vendor because I won’t be controlled that way. The cameras work fine they need to stop building interfaces that make them less usable. It’s just like Bill Gates with Microsoft windows. The damn computer would work forever if he didn’t keep upgrading it 0S that makes it run like crap

arlonzz
Initiate
Initiate

Hi there im having the same problems and friend sees dashboard but no cameras, can you please send instructions thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlonzz wrote:

Hi there im having the same problems and friend sees dashboard but no cameras, can you please send instructions thanks

Do you also see "Dashboard"?  Or do you see "Library" instead?

BigHarry
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no reason this should be so difficult. Invited 6 times, tried on his phone and laptop. Found this thread about the app version and was enraged. Still didn't work on his phone. Tried it on his laptop - it worked this time.

Look... I understand security being an issue but all of the online services are taking this to an extreme. Stop making it so difficult on us. 

arlonzz
Initiate
Initiate

It's hard case as I have had the same problems over and over and just haven't worried about it to much....When I did actually need someone keeping an eye on my cameras it was so bad I got that pissed off I rung support....The steps the support person were very helpful and there would have been no way that most people will stumble onto sorting this themselves! Now why they don't just do a how to on this I'm farked if I know......all I can say is I have 3 added people on my camera now and its such an easy process, for the money we all pay for the service and the prices of the cameras Arlo DO NEED TO DO BETTER as this is a paid service! anyway I may just do a how to on my website and place a link which will hopefully help others from running the cameras over.

KSlu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem after adding a new Essential 2 indoor camera to my in-laws system.   It updated their Secure App interface and pulled the cameras from my wife’s App.   We retain the prior Arlo App interface (even with the same software versions) and can no longer see the in-law’s cameras in our App; even after multiple attempts to remove and reshare the access to their cameras.    This software decision by Arlo was not well thought out, or was it?  🤔

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KSlu wrote:

We retain the prior Arlo App interface (even with the same software versions) and can no longer see the in-law’s cameras in our App; 

The fix is to migrate your account to "Feed" as well.  Is there a reason you haven't done that?

FWIW, I agree that Arlo messed up on this.

Spunky230
Aspirant
Aspirant

it's now 2024.  Still having this problem.

I have a couple of Pro2 BS.  Due to change in the office, I reset the BS.

I can still access the cameras like previously.  So can my colleague.
But for new Arlo account holders, I can share and confirm the new account.  It can also receive notifications.

But the is no camera feed.

Tried the suggested workaround via adding new device, let it fail and return to 'feed' and still no feed.
nothing to do with app version because I am doing all this over the desktop browser.

I can't understand why this is still not working.  My customer has a huge ARLO system and we are all link to them for surveillance.  Now the ARLO is pretty much useless.

Spunky230
Aspirant
Aspirant

followed the workaround instruction...

add device, wait for it to fail, feed will auto show.

Still no feed after add device failure

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Spunky230 wrote:

followed the workaround instruction...

add device, wait for it to fail, feed will auto show.

Still no feed after add device failure

Did you add a Pro 5s camera?  Or something else?

Spunky230
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen

I tried again just in case I didn't add pro5s camera previously 

So cam not found, 2 options, try again n cannot remember what it was. 

I just find my way out if Add, Device n go to feed. No cam window. 

My setup is a pro 2 version n didn't require subscription. 

I ever added new arlo users some months back without problem. 

Only encountered this since 2 or 3 mths ago with new users

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Spunky230 wrote:

I tried again just in case I didn't add pro5s camera previously 

So cam not found, 2 options, try again n cannot remember what it was. 

I just find my way out if Add, Device n go to feed.

The goal in starting the workflow for the Pro 5s is to migrate your user interface from Library to Feed.

Did that happen????

Bowks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem and it seems that on my account I have the old experience... trying to follow the upgrade instruction (Add Device etc) but not seeing the 'Security System' option to add? 
Therefore stuck with different app versions and no way of my wife seeing the devices I've shared with her????

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bowks wrote:

Same problem and it seems that on my account I have the old experience... trying to follow the upgrade instruction (Add Device etc) but not seeing the 'Security System' option to add? 

The add the pro 5s instead.  It will have the same result.