Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Images Don't Always Appear In Library

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fotog
Star
Star

I have 10 cameras in one of my accounts, all working properly and subscribed to Arlo Secure.  I have been an Arlo user for a number of years.

For the first time, beginning on April 2nd, when I enter live viewing and click on the camera icon to snap a photo the photos don't always appear in the library.  They appear as a blank rectangle with the time.  This happens intermittently with any or all of the ten cameras.

Interestingly, when a camera is triggered by motion the resulting video always appears in the library.  If I take a manual video they sometimes appear in the Library and sometimes not.

Here is a screen shot of the camera images I recorded (or tried to) today.

I tried to resolve the problem yesterday with a live chat agent who had me go through all the usual troubleshooting ideas, but to no avail.

ARLO Library 4-10-24.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fotog wrote:

I have 10 cameras in one of my accounts, all working properly and subscribed to Arlo Secure.  I have been an Arlo user for a number of years.

For the first time, beginning on April 2nd, when I enter live viewing and click on the camera icon to snap a photo the photos don't always appear in the library.  They appear as a blank rectangle with the time.  This happens intermittently with any or all of the ten cameras.

Interestingly, when a camera is triggered by motion the resulting video always appears in the library.  If I take a manual video they sometimes appear in the Library and sometimes not.

Here is a screen shot of the camera images I recorded (or tried to) today.

I tried to resolve the problem yesterday with a live chat agent who had me go through all the usual troubleshooting ideas, but to no avail.

Have you tried downloading one of the blank videos?  Then see if you can play it in VLC?

Fotog
Star
Star

Yes.  I have downloaded blank videos and they do not play.

KSTAN36
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've been having the same issue for about a month or so. Did they say whether it was a storage issue, or a software issue? 

Fotog
Star
Star

Chat did not offer an opinion.  They opened a case number but I have not yet pursued it further, thinking I'd try the community here first.

Since my images sometimes appear and sometimes do not, leads me to believe software issue on their part?

KSTAN36
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree, as I have less cameras than you, and I’m having the same issue. And it’s happening to different models, not just one style. 

Fotog
Star
Star

Yes, I, too have several different camera models and it happens randomly to any and all of them.