Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have a Arlo Smart subscription, added new Doorbell, do I have to go with Arlo Secure Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

So I had an Arlo Smart Subscription that I used with my 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras, 1 Ultra camera, and 1 wired Arlo Doorbell. I paid $5.98/month for the Doorbell and the Ultra on the Smart Plan and the 5 Pro 2 cameras were free. Life was good (well kind of good. I got used to the $6/month fee).

Until a couple of day ago when the wired Arlo Doorbell stopped working. I did all the troubleshooting but could not bring it back to life. So off to Best Buy to get a new one. I removed the old Arlo Wireless Doorbell and hooked up the new one, and I now had the white lights. I followed the directions in the app and within a minute or 2, I had a working doorbell again. 

But now I have the Arlo Smart vs Arlo Secure problem. Arlo Smart still works for my 5 Pro 2 cameras and 1 Ultra camera. Still getting charged for 2 cameras on the Smart Plan (even though I only have the one Ultra Camera enrolled). It also shows my 3 month trail of Arlo Secure that came with the new doorbell in the app. Everything seems to be working. I can see all the cameras in the app, and it is recording videos that I can play back for all 7 cameras. Arlo says you can't have Smart and Secure at the same time, but it looks to be working.

• Am I missing something that Smart and Secure seem to be working together?
  • What's going to happen at the end of my 3 month Secure trail?
  • Will I be able to add my new doorbell to my old smart plan then?
  • Or will I need to move everything over to a Secure Plan?
  • I think my price then will go from $6 to $10 a month.
  • All this because my working Arlo Wired Doorbell died and I had to go buy a new Arlo Wired Doorbell $130.
  • Last question is what caused the old Arlo Wired Doorbell to die? I hope they have a life expectancy of more than a couple of years.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically, the trial is superseding your subscription. Since you're already paying for the sub, you can cancel the trial and add the doorbell to the vacant slot in your sub. 

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

I think I'll wait and see what happens. I've got 3 months.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

@JessicaP 

Hey Jessica,
Just looking for your opinion on what's happening with Arlo Smart and Secure. 

Here are my questions:

• Am I missing something that Smart and Secure seem to be working together?
  • What's going to happen at the end of my 3 month Secure trail?
  • Will I be able to add my new doorbell to my old smart plan then?
  • Or will I need to move everything over to a Secure Plan?
  • I think my price then will go from $6 to $10 a month.
  • All this because my working Arlo Wired Doorbell died and I had to go buy a new Arlo Wired Doorbell $130.
  • Last question is what caused the old Arlo Wired Doorbell to die? I hope they have a life expectancy of more than a couple of years.

Thanks,

Ken