Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jonam_indus
Aspirant
Aspirant

jonam_indus_0-1687734506079.png

For instance only when People detected and not cars or other motion should it notify. Right now it sends notification for all motions or none. No way to choose.

i tried setting up in Smart Notifications but it still sends for all types.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jonam_indus wrote:

what do you mean by web push?

There are two technologies used for sending notifications - email and web push.  The one used by Arlo is set up in the camera rules.

push.png

@jonam_indus wrote:

And I also I don’t want it to generate a video and stream it for anything other than People motion. 

Arlo doesn't support that feature.  It will record for all classifications - the smart notifications only filter the notifications.

@jonam_indus wrote:

I already use Smart notifications. It sends me iphone notifications for every single type of motion.

If you are using push notifications (not email) then it shouldn't be doing that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jonam_indus wrote:

i tried setting up in Smart Notifications but it still sends for all types.

Smart Notifications is where you set this up.

Are you using email notifications?  The smart notification filtering only works for web push.

jonam_indus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already use Smart notifications. It sends me iphone notifications for every single type of motion. I want to receive the notification only for people notifications. And I also I don’t want it to generate a video and stream it for anything other than People motion. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jonam_indus wrote:

There are two technologies used for sending notifications - email and web push.  The one used by Arlo is set up in the camera rules.

push.png

@jonam_indus wrote:

And I also I don’t want it to generate a video and stream it for anything other than People motion. 

Arlo doesn't support that feature.  It will record for all classifications - the smart notifications only filter the notifications.

@jonam_indus wrote:

I already use Smart notifications. It sends me iphone notifications for every single type of motion.

If you are using push notifications (not email) then it shouldn't be doing that.