Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I renew my Arlo Secure subscription

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I received an email telling me my Arlo Secure subscription was expiring on 12/5. There was a link in the email that said Learn More. I assumed it would tell me how to renew, but it did not. So I checked your website, couldn't find a way to renew. I then searched support and still can't find out how to renew. I then signed into my Arlo account and still couldn't find a way to renew. Please let me know how do I renew my subscription?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Chatted with Arlo support. Since I bought my plan thru the webstore it cannot be renewed. I have to wait until it expires and then buy a new plan from my.arlo.com. It will then auto-renew from there forward.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on which user interface (UI) you're using (the old one uses Library to view recordings while the new one uses Feed - the current app supports both) you would want to use Settings, Subscription for the old UI or Settings, Home, Subscription for the new UI to sign up.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I looked on the website and in the Android app. I go into Settings, Subscriptions. I see my subscription to Arlo Secure. I see no way to renew.

On the website and in the Android app, the only options are Change Plan, Manage Cameras, Subscribe to CVR plan, or cancel subscription.

There is no Renew button or any way to renew.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pc2k17 wrote:

I received an email telling me my Arlo Secure subscription was expiring on 12/5. 

Is this a trial subscription?  Generally the paid subscriptions don't expire, they are automatically paid using the payment method in the account.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Not a trial.

On black friday of 2022 I bought a bundle 3 arlo pro 4 cameras plus arlo secure, and you get a free arlo video doorbell. This was to add to my 5 existing legacy alro cameras (arlo pro and pro2). 

The arlo secure subscription started on 12/5/2022

I paid with a credit card according to my saved receipt.

On 11/28/2023 I received an email from arlo saying:

Your Arlo Secure annual service ends on December 5, 2023‌. You’ll need to renew your service to keep: and it lists the features. There is a "Learn More" link that takes you to arlo support page about buying new subscriptions.

Does it auto renew using the credit card I originally used? I don't want to use that card, how do I change it?

If the email says you need to renew why does it give no way to do that?

If it's auto pay then why does the email not say that.... maybe like there's nothing you need to do it will auto renew?

Why does the arlo app popup ad walls asking me to sign up for arlo secure when I already had it?

Not sure why this is so difficult, you should be able to sign into your account and pay for another year manually, like every other bill I pay.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Chatted with Arlo support. Since I bought my plan thru the webstore it cannot be renewed. I have to wait until it expires and then buy a new plan from my.arlo.com. It will then auto-renew from there forward.

Thanks.