Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I adjust the Smart notifications?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Dwashburn9109
Follower
Follower

I paid for the $10 a month arlo secure subscription. After I paid I was able to set smart notifications for one day. Logged back in the next day to make some adjustments and I can no longer adjust the smart notifications. I can't even find it any where on the app! I have searched all over!  Any help would be apritiated!

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Did you purchase a multiple camera subscription or a single camera subscription?

Login to the website app and check under settings, subscription to manage subscription.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, which app - 3.8 or 4.x?

Bob350
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems I am having the same challenge.  I have the Arlo Hub with 3 Arlo Pro 4 cameras.  I"m still in the trial period with the Secure subscription.  When I got Routines and drill down one of the Modes (Arm Home in this case) and then Edit Rule, I see a toggle in the WHEN section to detect motion.  That's all I see - there are non options to choose specific types of motion (person, animal, package, etc).  I see the same in both iOS app and on the web.  Not sure if it's related, but my activity zones do not appear to be working. I have confirmed that Track & Zoom is disabled.  Thansk for any guidance you can provide.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bob350 wrote:

When I got Routines and drill down one of the Modes (Arm Home in this case) and then Edit Rule, I see a toggle in the WHEN section to detect motion.  That's all I see - there are non options to choose specific types of motion (person, animal, package, etc).  

That's the way it's supposed to work (also with the older "library" interface).  The rules just set the motion detection threshold.  Smart notifications are processed in the cloud and just filter notifications, everything is still recorded.

To set up smart notifications for a camera

1. select devices
  2. press the profile icon in the upper left
  3. select the location (for instance Home)
  4. select smart notifications
  5. select the camera
  6. choose the notifications you want.

No idea why Arlo set it up that way, IMO it would have been a bit more intuitive (and more flexible) if you set the notifications in the rule.

Bob350
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. That did the trick. At a minimum it would be nice if Arlo made those steps clear in their support docs.