Home Dashboard Won't Keep Layout - iPad

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
slackmountain
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is an annoying issue that I've been seeing ever since we upgraded to the new Arlo secure app. When we load the app and go to the Home section, we have two outside floodlight cameras side by side and then a doorbell directly below those 2 cameras. It makes it very easy to quickly turn on those 2 floodlight cameras and watch our dog outside. But, as soon as I switch to another app on the ipad or put the ipad to sleep and come back, the layout changes. It puts the floodlight cameras in a vertical format and aligned to the left side of the screen so I can no longer see both cameras as the same time. I can fix it by force closing the app (opening task manager and then swiping the Arlo app off the screen and re-opening) but it's very annoying to have to constantly force close it when we want to view it the way we should be able to view it. It will stay in the vertical format until the app is force closed. Any chance this might be able to be addressed?

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @slackmountain 

Thank you for the feedback. Do you mind providing the exact steps to replicate this?

Also, which Model iPad are you using along with iOS version?

Thanks 

slackmountain
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneShere's the basic steps:

1. Starting from a fresh force closed app, I open the app and my camera are laid out next to each other (1=left and 2=right) and the doorbell camera (3) is centered below them

2. At this point I switch to another app by dragging up from the bottom and choosing another app.

3. When I then go back to Arlo, the layout has changed and all the cameras are aligned to the left side of the screen, from top to bottom, 1,2,3.

I can reset it back to the original layout by dragging up to the task manager screen and flicking the Arlo off the screen (to force close it). Once I open the app again after that it's back to the set layout 1=left and 2=right and the doorbell camera (3) is centered below them.

It will stay in the vertical format until i force close the app or restart the iPad.

It's an iPad Pro 11-inch 2nd Generation, iPadOS 17.5.1.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you holding the iPad in a vertical position the whole time?  

slackmountain
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneSNope. It is sitting on the kitchen counter in horizontal format at all times. It never moves.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@slackmountain 

Thank you for the detailed information. I was able to replicate these symptoms you experienced. I will notify the team and provide an update as soon as I hear back.