Feed stopped

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
jeffbertrand7
Follower
Follower

Dear Community. My Arlo feed just stopped recording on June 4th. Subscription paid up. Any suggestions? Thanks Jeff. 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jeffbertrand7,

Within the Arlo Secure mobile app, check Routines > Modes - is the camera Armed?

If the camera is Armed, check your feed for a filter that could be preventing you from seeing recordings.

JamesC

DeniseN
Initiate
Initiate

I have same problem feed not working called arlo talk for an hour and still not had question answered for feed to work do u have to have subscription? Mine set on local record it worked up until i got new internet modem thinking of taking back to shop for refund

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DeniseN wrote:

I have same problem feed not working called arlo talk for an hour and still not had question answered for feed to work do u have to have subscription? 

You won't see recordings in Feed unless you have a subscription.

If you have direct access to local recording enabled, then you need to go into storage settings to see the recordings - as described here:

Direct access to local recordings requires a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub.  Among other restrictions, the recordings are only available in the app (not my.arlo.com).

DeniseN
Initiate
Initiate

I fixed the problem i got a refund as when i bought i said i need to record without  paying so bought hub as well as memory  card to record locally.  Worked fine for first 3 months then no recordings not even the old saved ones. After an hour on ph to arol who still havent answered my qestion i took back to shop got refund 

Dgmi
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DeniseN 

are you saying we can’t record locally without a subscription with the ultra2&hub?
then what’s the point of having the local storage option?

I’m still new to my setup, haven’t gotten a chance to play with it to that extent.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Ultra 2 can use a SD card to record videos. They do not store in the cloud as they do when you have a subscription. Here is a few steps on the way to view those videos from the SD card.

To view videos saved on a local storage SD card:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
  2. Select Settings > My Devices and tap or click on the Arlo Go or Arlo Q Plus camera into which your SD card is inserted.
  3. Select Local Storage.
  4. Tap or click > next to SD Card.
    Note: If you named your SD card using a computer, the name displays instead.
  5. Tap or click Safely Eject SD card.
  6. Wait for the Unmounting SD card progress message to close, then remove the SD card from your camera. 
    Warning: Do not interrupt power to the camera or remove the SD card while the SD card is being unmounted.
    Insert the SD card into the Micro SD card slot in your card reader.
  7. Wait for the SD card to appear in the available drives on your computer, then open the drive folder to view the files on your SD card.
  8. Open the Arlo folder.
    Recorded videos are saved in this folder in MP4 format. Video files are named according to this system: Camera name_Recording number (xxxxxx)_Date of recording (yyyymmdd)_Time of recording (hhmmss). If the camera is not connected to the cloud when it records the video, video files are named according to this system:  Camera name_Recording number (xxxxxx).
    Note: If you are unable to play MP4 files on your computer, update your media player software to the latest version and try again. You can also download a free universal multimedia player, such as VLC.

Also here is a link to FAQ for the Ultra 2 that I think may be helpful.

Arlo Ultra 2 FAQ