Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

February 3 2023 New Annual Plans and Price changes

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Missbella
Follower
Follower

Does anyone know where the new (2-3-23) price changes are reflected for Arlo Secure Subscription? Also, I see no new option for the annual plan option as stated in my e-mail.

I see none of the new information that was emailed to me for changes effective 

2-3-23..

Best answers
5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Annual pricing plans will be available shortly, keep an eye on https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html for updates on availability.

JamesC

tjptony
Star
Star

They just went into effect and there are problems if you have a 4k camera and down grade to the secure plan.  All plans now support 4k recording but when I enrolled it removed 4k from my Ultra camera.  It did warn me that this would happen so I called support.  They said it should be fine, oh well it’s not.  Did any one test this before going live?  Now they have to fix this for anyone like me.  No timeline on this. 
So do not switch to the secure plan if you get the warning about loosing 4k recording. It will be great saving to pay yearly instead of monthly and still have an unlimited cameras and 4k recording. 

prefekt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still having a hard time understanding the merit for the price increase. Arlo says it's to support new products and services, but in Canada we see significantly less than what our neighbours to the south see. However, our price increase was much higher, going from $3.99/mo to $6.99/mo per camera - that's a 75% increase. 

Why are we getting a much higher price if we don't see the same level of service as in the US? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@prefekt wrote:

our price increase was much higher, going from $3.99/mo to $6.99/mo per camera 

$6.99 CAD at today's exchange rate is $5.21 USD.  So not much different from the new US price of $4.99 USD per month.

AGGOT
Initiate
Initiate

I was just informed by my credit card that Arlo increased their monthly charged.  I don’t remember receiving a email from Arlo advising me of this.  I went on my dashboard to see if I could change my plan to a yearly instead of monthly which would be less and now I can’t do it because Arlo has already started charging me.  I am not happy about this at all.