Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JDF430
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a way to erase the whole days feed? Instead of one recording at a time 

33 REPLIES 33
PVla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Regular Joe, THANK YOU FOR THIS TUTORIAL!!!!!  It has saved me time erasing all of those feeds!

MUCH APPRECIATED!!

GreginJaxFl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wake in the morning and have 40-50 events in my feed. To my horror I only can delete one at a time and have to confirm delete on each one. This takes way too much time and there must be a more easy way. 

Also after deleting all my events and go back to my Home Screen on my iPad and iPhone it still show I have 1 or 2 events left when I don’t.  

I love the 4 Arlo cameras but spending 20 minutes every morning deleting sometimes 80 events is stupid!

Help

Emmaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just want to second this concern. We had a leafy twig fall infront of the camera and so we have over 100 recordings of a leaf and in order to delete them I have to go 1 by 1. It's pretty lame, can't think why any app developer in 2023 would think it wasn't necessary.

GreginJaxFl
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is worst is I have the Arlo app on 3 Apple devices and I had to delete one at a time 63 events ON THREE DEVICES!!!!!  After that it still shows 63 events next to the Arlo icon on my Home Screen. The app is a pitiful mess!

jwshome
Aspirant
Aspirant

I like the Arlo camera hardware product. I can't believe there is an extended discussion in this forum of a feature (multiple item select) that is standard on every piece of software I use, except the Arlo app. It's sad, really, that the Arlo person responsible for monitoring this discussion forum (JamesC) isn't aware that this is a standard feature on all software, for all products, for all companies. Maybe he is new to computers? Or maybe he just received his first smartphone and hasn't downloaded any of the apps yet? 

I wonder if the Arlo engineers are playing a joke on JamesC? When he comes and tells them "you know, I think perhaps we should add the ability to select multiple items to delete", maybe they tell him that it's a really complicated feature to add, and that it is on the development list. And then when he leaves the room they all start laughing!

Or - maybe the engineers have never worked on computers before. Maybe they have their degrees from an online degree mill and actually don't know how to code anything? So, for them, multiple item select is complicated. They don't know that code snippets for every possible programming language already exist online, in dozens of places. All they have to do is look it up.

I can't think of any other reasons why a user cannot select more than one item in a list of videos to delete. So it must be one of the above possibilities.

Sad, really.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature is now available within Feeds. This can be accessed by navigating to Feed and tapping the icon in the top right of the app. From there, select manage feeds and then select the desired content for deletion.

JamesC

Quick3119
Initiate
Initiate

Manage events does not work.  You select the ones you want to delete then use trash can. At first they seem to be gone but if you go out and go back in all the ones you deleted are still there. UI testing seems to be lacking

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've commented on this problem before.

I'd delete a bunch of pictures, and they'd still be there when I looked next.

Well, they show up on your feed, but they're actually gone.

If you click away from feed and go somewhere else on the site...then go back, they'll be gone.

CharityF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been selecting this option and it will not delete anything after selecting delete all. How can we fix this? It's very frustrating and time consuming to delete numerous videos one by one.