Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changing Trial Subscription to Arlo Secure Subscription for Arlo Pro 4 Cameras Before the Trial Ends

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Carl_AZ
Star
Star

In December I purchased 6 Arlo Pro 4 cameras.  I installed 2 cameras on Day 1, 2 cameras on Day 2, and the last 2 Cameras on Day 3.  A month after installing the first cameras, I decided to subscribe to Arlo Secure for all cameras, well ahead of my trial period ending and thinking my trial subscription would automatically transfer the cameras to the paid subscription.  That didn't happen and each of the respective cameras is approaching the end of the 3 month trial subscription to Arlo Secure.  

When I log on to my Arlo account and go to Settings>Subscription>Manage Cameras, I am unable to drag the cameras to the Arlo Secure Plan.  

When I go to Settings>Subscription>3 Month Trial>Manage, I see the drop-down window showing all 6 of my cameras with the option to Cancel Trial for each camera (along with the Trial Expiration Date for each camera).  

Before I do something I cannot undo regarding my subscription, do I need to cancel the trial subscription for each camera in order for me to be able to drag the cameras into my paid Arlo Secure Plan (Settings>Subscription>Manage Cameras)?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carl_AZ wrote:

do I need to cancel the trial subscription for each camera in order for me to be able to drag the cameras into my paid Arlo Secure Plan (Settings>Subscription>Manage Cameras)?  

Yes.  Or just wait for each trial to expire, and then move that camera into the paid plan.

But since you are already paying for the subscription, there is no benefit in waiting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carl_AZ wrote:

do I need to cancel the trial subscription for each camera in order for me to be able to drag the cameras into my paid Arlo Secure Plan (Settings>Subscription>Manage Cameras)?  

Yes.  Or just wait for each trial to expire, and then move that camera into the paid plan.

But since you are already paying for the subscription, there is no benefit in waiting.

Carl_AZ
Star
Star

Thanks for the quick reply.  As I already had signed up for the paid subscription several weeks ago, as I cancelled the trial subscription(s) today, each camera automatically moved to the Arlo Secure subscription group on its own.  

As an aside, while I was doing this, I noticed that while in Settings>Subscription>Manage Cameras, each camera is identified in its own "box" and to the right inside that box are 3 horizontal lines which you apparently need to mouse over to move the camera into/out of the subscription box.  I don't recall if those 3 horizontal lines were in each camera's box before I made the change from Trial to Paid Subscription today - if they were there, I was not mousing over those lines in my attempt to move the cameras to the paid subscription box - therefore those cameras weren't going to move regardless.  If those lines were present and if I moused over them before making my inquiry here, perhaps I could have moved the cameras without cancelling the trial first?!  Doesn't matter - I accomplished what I wanted to do.  Thanks for your advice - it was simple and it worked